Shadow Dale RG costume - updated 12/26

Re: Shadow Dale RG costume

I thought I would mention I got a tracking number from SDC tonight.... so I will keep everyone here updated about what I recieve when I recieve it.

Last edited:

I too recieved a pic of my completed items from my first order. That means I am just waiting on something ordered in September.

FYI....the pics of my work in process order are FANTASTIC.

THey send you pics of your items? I never received any pictures.... I feel so excluded now... lol

Has anyone heard from SD in the past few weeks? I ordered a RG suit from them in May and they said it would be ready in September. I sent them multiple emails once October came with no response.

After sending SD a pm they said soon (due to an illness), but its been 2 weeks since that and I still have no clue on the status of my costume (whether its been started or not).

Anyone have any insight on this?? :confused

Hey bippy - Have you had any updates? It seems everyone else is getting their products now, but we haven't heard from you yet...

Last news was that my helmet was being finished up (not quite two weeks ago), they have responded quickly to my last few emails (wanted to change the shipping address to my work) and said that it should be ready for this week or next

Got my uniform in the mail on Monday..... I was pretty displeased... pants had wrong color stripe, undershirt was a turtleneck with stitching on it (like a hanes turtleneck) and the jacet was all kinds of wrong..... nice fabric on the jacket, but the shoulders look like something a queen would wear (poofy and stick out quite a bit). The inner flap of the jacket was nicely done, but the straps on te shoulder and sleeve were the same tan color as the inner flap which is just plain wrong. Pants were a nery nice fit, very nice fabric, and are the showpiece of the lot I got... but again, stripe on legs was the wrong color.

Looks like they rushed it to get done, it certainly wasn't worth all the money I paid and 10 months of waiting. SO now, I guess I have to see if I can get a local tailor to try to correct the shoulders (they are very, very bad) and the back of the jacket where it was sewn incorrectly.

All I can say is I am mad.... I almost wanted to throw the thing in the trash.... it really is that bad.... I'll submit a more thorough review with pics next week.

SDC has offered to fix the problems for me.... and I will take them up on their offer. I'll keep all posted on how that turns out after getting the items back.

Last edited:

Thats too bad, and kinda shocking from their products reputation.

I also recieved a package today (so just waiting on 1 more item). I have not had a chance to do a test fitting yet, but I was pleased with it thus far. I revieved Cage era tunic pants, as a redo for a set I messed up on the measurements. It looks like they changed the material on the pants, and it actually is nicer in my oppinion and a closer match in color I believe.

I also revieved a Star Trek V Assault uniform. Now, have you ever seen these done? No, and so they certainly had to put in great effort. Right now without a test fitting it looks pretty darn nice, both the pants and sweater. Also includes a well done belt that fastens with velcro to the pants.

Ill grab pictures and a full review shortly. Right now I am pretty pleased.

********edit****

Did a quick try on. Pants fit well. Tunic/sweater fits good with 1 exception, the neck needs to be taken in about an inch, and the snap closures on the back are ultra-weak. Pics to come.

Last edited:

I've yet to send mine back to get fixed..... haven't been able to afford to ship it back...... wish it had been ok when it shipped first time to save the time / money / frustration.

We are more than willing to pay for shipping but, as of yet we haven't received a shipping quote or any note or email in reference to return shipment of this package.

We are more than willing to pay for shipping but, as of yet we haven't received a shipping quote or any note or email in reference to return shipment of this package.

Oh, in the 4 or so emails where we had talked about me sending it back in for corrections I had never mentioned I was sending it back?

I was never told to get a shipping quote and submit it so I didn't know that was an option. I just figured I was out the money to send it back since it was never mentioned that you would pay for return shipping.

Yeah, with Christmas and having a huge extended family to buy for I can't afford to ship it right now.... I mean it cost $48 to send down to me... so I'd need to send it back insured so we don't lose out on anything.

There was mention on your end of shipping it back on November 27 and providing tracking but we hadn't heard from you and we would have at that point and still will provide the appropriate shipping cost.

Shipping via the same method it was sent to you with tracking and insurance for a package that weighs 10 lbs which is a generous estimate costs $30.15.

Edit: Shipping fee sent

Oh, in the 4 or so emails where we had talked about me sending it back in for corrections I had never mentioned I was sending it back?

I was never told to get a shipping quote and submit it so I didn't know that was an option. I just figured I was out the money to send it back since it was never mentioned that you would pay for return shipping.

Yeah, with Christmas and having a huge extended family to buy for I can't afford to ship it right now.... I mean it cost $48 to send down to me... so I'd need to send it back insured so we don't lose out on anything.

Last edited:

ShadowDuchess.... thank you very much. I do appreciate your help, and I apologize for the mis-communication. I will get the package heading your way this week.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back