Shadow Dale RG costume - updated 12/26

Re: Shadow Dale RG costume

What is really starting to tick me off, is the lie on their webpage. It says all orders are made in the order they are recieved. I placed an order in late Jan / early Feb and haven't gotten anything. They have missed 4 promised delivery dates and have had nothing but excuses. Seeing as Peter1701 has already recieved part of his order (which show's false advertising on their website) and I have gotten nothing is making me more upset. I have been one of the "too nice ones" and given them the benefit of the doubt.... if they are serious about the illness and problems they are facing, they need to give up on trying to be professional costumers.

Really at this point if someone asks me my opinion of SDC I'm gonn have to be honest...... great quality or not, these constant changes to ETA and constant excuses are just poor business. Also the false advertising is a bit of a worry. I was planning on more orders with them, but have since decided against it....

Last edited:

well maybe people will learn their lesson on here, too many orders taken in, and not the time to get them done in time, bad business ethics by them....

^ Yep, and of course they don't come on here to say anything about it. It's probably better to not hear anything than a lame excuse.

I feel bad too, since I've suggested SDC to some people, I wish I could takt that back now. :unsure

I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, in fact I would tell people to stay away and spend their money elsewhere.

Okay, last time there was a thread about this very thing I bagged on them pretty hard. Looks like everyone else has taken care of that so I won't start in.
Look, life happens...I undertsand this. Sometimes things don't always work like clockwork the way we'd like. I know this too. My main beef is lack of communication and failure to follow through.
"Sorry the project isn't done when I promised. Would you like a refund now or wait it out?"
That's it. With that one response I would be happy.
One could argue that Shadow Dutchess is not aware of this ongoing thread, but her profile says she was active here today.
And no response to this thread.
You see, lack of communication.
Is that too much to ask for?

Its kinda like Starbucks.......that little cashier keeps taking orders 5 ahead of what Mr. Barista can make. Then you get 8 people standing around all grabbing for the same latte! :lol

Similar to Starbucks.... yes.... at least at Starbucks I can get the cashier's attention and get some service. They can't ignore you when you are standing there. Maybe I need to take a trip to NY and stand at their(SDC) sewing machine until they hand me my item.

Last edited:

Yes, life does get in the way, but isn't this their job? If I were a day or two off task, I would be fired.

Yes, it's a little different with costuming and props, BUT being months late is just crazy... and then no follow up is insane.

I think they realize that they have no boss to answer to, and if someone wants a refund oh well... they have more suckers....errr I mean customers that will be willing to wait.

I've never bought anything from them, but they lost a prospective customer here. Maybe others will learn from the thread and realize they can take there money to other more deserving companies/people.

I think they realize that they have no boss to answer to, and if someone wants a refund oh well... they have more suckers....errr I mean customers that will be willing to wait.

As this and similar threads continually popping up at regular intervals shows,clearly the message doesn't register with everyone.

I don't mean to be rude but does nobody do their homework before spending money ?
Don't get me wrong i've been at the smelly end of the stick on some deals in the past from people but i always ask about someone or search about on forums like this before parting with any substantial money,sometimes you dont hear nothing so take a punt but there are several threads about the poor service from SDC on this site alone.
A few seconds on the search function saves months of grief.

I did my homework... but in January when I placed my order there was nothing but good things said about them. Had even half the negative posts existed back when I had originally placed my order I would obviously not have spent money with them. I also asked around to several different boards.... at the time, noone had a negative word to say. Things have gone down hill since the time I ordered.

Last edited:

you would think at the ridiculous prices they charge they would be more dependable and responsable.

I dont want to do this. I really dont. But I have to say something. The last PM I sent to SDC was not replied to.
In January or early February of this year, I put in a very expensive order for a leather Vader bodysuit. I sent PMs to a few costume makers on this board and the only ones that got back to me were ShadowDale Creations.

I sent them the full amount, minus the cost of shipping and handling, that would be paid when the order was complete. I asked for an estimate and was told summertime. I was told there was a Green Arrow costume ahead of me.

I stayed in touch, and in late spring I wanted to know how far along the project was, and it hadnt been started yet. I asked for another estimate, and I told her I had planned on going to a convention the weekend of November 17 and would like to go as vader. She told me no problem it would definitely be done by September.

In September I discovered she has been seriously ill and hasnt really been able to work on anything. Im not going to hold being ill against her.

In late September I sent her another PM asking what was going on, how she was feeling and when the new estimate would be. I have heard nothing in reply.

General Mayhem and Shadow Duchess, am I ever going to get my suit? Or some type of restitution? Because its really looking like this suit isnt going to get made. Ive almost paid off the credit card I used to buy this, and yet I have nothing to show for it.

Turn this over to your credit card company. That will get SD's attention.

PM Sent

I dont want to do this. I really dont. But I have to say something. The last PM I sent to SDC was not replied to.
In January or early February of this year, I put in a very expensive order for a leather Vader bodysuit. I sent PMs to a few costume makers on this board and the only ones that got back to me were ShadowDale Creations.

I sent them the full amount, minus the cost of shipping and handling, that would be paid when the order was complete. I asked for an estimate and was told summertime. I was told there was a Green Arrow costume ahead of me.

I stayed in touch, and in late spring I wanted to know how far along the project was, and it hadnt been started yet. I asked for another estimate, and I told her I had planned on going to a convention the weekend of November 17 and would like to go as vader. She told me no problem it would definitely be done by September.

In September I discovered she has been seriously ill and hasnt really been able to work on anything. Im not going to hold being ill against her.

In late September I sent her another PM asking what was going on, how she was feeling and when the new estimate would be. I have heard nothing in reply.

General Mayhem and Shadow Duchess, am I ever going to get my suit? Or some type of restitution? Because its really looking like this suit isnt going to get made. Ive almost paid off the credit card I used to buy this, and yet I have nothing to show for it.

I've certainly learned something. I'm sorry, but in any other business on earth (with the exception of sports contracts) if you become ill, handicapped, or in any other capacity unable to complete a job you were paid for in full, and in advance, you would offer a refund. I was told at the beginning of last week that I'd have a tracking number this weekend for my order made at the end of January... guess what folks..... didn't happen... again.

At this point, even if I get the item I will be very unhappy. This has gone on too long with too many people now. Illness or not, the time has come to DELIVER ITEMS OR REFUNDS. A year is a long time, and I know of another new company that made a TWOK uniform (like what I ordered) in a week and a half. I wish I had paid Him to make my uniform now. Plus I know he is using the correct type and weight of fabric.

THis is tantamount to fraud.

Should there not be a sticky where people with greiveances can post against SD?

This is beyond the norm and there seems to be too many people not noticing the bad press threads and paying these jokers good money. A sticky might help.

Its happening too often to be ignored I feel.

A sticky might help wake up SD?

wow, just got a pm from shadowduchess below, so i went to send her a reply and she wont accept pms back to her, the truth hurts i guess.

Heres what she had to say.

Shadow Duchess said:
The individuals had been emailed privately and have been in conversation with us even with these postings.
There have been responses just not public ones as dogpiling seems to be a regular thing here.

My response was its a shame it takes continual public postings of lousy service time after time from them. There wouldnt be dogpiling if they actually came thru, taking someones money, and then not recieving the product I dont see it as dogpiling, i see it as a continous amount of bad customer service and not delivering the products and a lot of upset customers. Taking a 1/2 year or year is ridiculous and bad business ethnics. For shame and unprofessional. Dont take so many jobs and then take forever to deliver it if at all.....:angry :thumbsdown

Last edited:

I was at dinner last night with some Rebel Legion folks and some folks from my garrison after a troop- someone mentioned buying something from SDC, and I flat out told him and everyone else not to waste there time. I told them I would never recommend them to anyone, and would tell them to stay away. I mentioned this thread.

Hopefully they will listen, and SDC will loose a few potential customers.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back