Serenity stickers - Firefly Ship Works, Ltd.

MAKERSPLATE3.jpg

Yet another plate, needs the Aliance Eagel.

Here is the first shot at it. This is on a brushed silver mylar with adhesive back, photo is not too good, hard to shoot reflective material without a proper tent.

platesonadhesive.jpg

Here they are on fiberglass reinforced plastic. Make good key chains.
frpplates_1.jpg

Still working on the others.

Full sheet is almost complete, just he Chinese one left. I am hoping a fellow RPF member will be able to help out with the Chinese characters on it. I have been able to match all the fonts (or modify fonts where I could not identify the real one), all the text, accurate sizes for each label (or as close as I could get), and even create the Russian and Hindi labels thanks to an additional photo of the real label sheet someone was able to share with me (this person shall remain un-named but they know who they are and much thanks to them for it).

Oddities I found while working on these. The Russian is not translated in any way that would make sense. All they did was substitute Russian letters for english ones (with the exception of 'C's which were substituted with 'Q's). They spelled everything out the same as in english only with Russian letters...which would be gibberish to a Russian I assume. Likewise I believe for the Chinese, though I have not been able to determine how they they wound up with the characters they used.

The Hindi "Mandel & Earls" label is especially odd. I wasn't able to figure out any exact character matches to real Hindi characters but I did discover matches to many of the characters that seemed to have the right side chopped off. That being the case I chose to simply draw them all rather than trying to find characters and a suitable font and then chopping the right side off. It'd be gibberish to to anyone that reads Hindi.

Firefly-Ship-Works-sheet.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys. :)

FINALLY FINISHED. I finally got the full sheet of labels finished thanks to the help of kevinericon that was able to give me a list of English alphabet to Chinese characters. I even put in a mistake on the part of the original designer who let the UAP Plate No. slip off to the left of where it should be on the Chinese label and part of the 2 and 7 are the only parts that can be partly seen...not sure if people would prefer idealized or exact, I like exact. ;)

Firefly-Ship-Works_finished.jpg

Now to get Great_Bizarro the files he needs to print these suckers. :)

Glad I could help, although the character I provided are only 95% accurate, due to some resolution issue. I will give you an update if I find something closer. (Some of the characters are so rarely used I didn't know how it's pronounced. That happens when you have 5,000 characters instead of just 26 :lol )

Kevin

Ok these puppies are ready for print and Dr slurpee did a bang up shiney job on the graphics. I will post some photos here and in the Junkyard next week as I get decent photos of them. Sure is a pain photographing a reflective sheet.

Hope no one has printed it yet, because I'll be making a final update to the Chinese sheet. If someone already printed it out, well, considering I'm just updating rubbish with more accurate rubbish, you can ignore this post completly. :lol

I've updated the Chinese characters and sent the reference sheet to Dr_Slurpee.

Kevin

DO NOT buy from Charleswallacedesign. He used to be EDC Studios and was banned from RPF and other forums for ripping many people off. Firefly and Serenity fans are getting sucked in cause there aren't enough people that know his past.
Info about his banning:
http://www.theRPF.com/index.php?s=&showtop...ndpost&p=638162

That's actually PART of why I did the at cost runs of bills and Ariel IDs so that people wouldn't be tempted to buy from him.

Kevin, I got your updates, I will be sure to talk to Great_Bizarro about providing him updated art.

<div class='quotetop'>(Sith Sheriff Brody @ Sep 2 2006, 12:05 PM) [snapback]1311774[/snapback]</div>
Exceptions are made for crooked auctions and hilariously low-quality junk.

-Mike
[/b]

I am still confused SSB. The seller has excellent feedback. What is so crooked? Shipping costs look okay too, not like that Ultraviolet phone auction posted yesterday. Or is it the quality issue?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back