Searching for the Beta Capsule-(Microphone)

With these new Madrobot developments - I'm eagerly standing by, but just to check in with Rylo - I'm away from my DVDs right now but as soon as I make it home I plan on going through every episode to create caps. I'd love to see these done again.

Sounds plausible, just finding the correct model is the tough part.

Doing a quick ebay search I found that Geiger probes check for gamma and, you guessed it, beta.

ecaf_12.JPG

Last edited:
They want a pretty penny for the Geiger Counter. Need to sell some stuff to get it. I'm pretty positive it's the real deal. I forgot the camera when I went to the Surplus Store. Going to head back over there tomorrow. Hopefully if all goes according to plan, I'll have the right counter.

If you get pictures and model info I could run it past the guy I got all my dosimeters from. He might have other radiation detection equipment.

They want a pretty penny for the Geiger Counter. Need to sell some stuff to get it. I'm pretty positive it's the real deal. I forgot the camera when I went to the Surplus Store. Going to head back over there tomorrow. Hopefully if all goes according to plan, I'll have the right counter.

Take a pic and if you want I'll pay for the thing if it's real. What makes you think it's THE ONE? Does it have the cage - what's on the bottom? C'mon - I'm dying here!:lol:lol

Yup. I'd be up for taking a second look at it depending on interest.

With these new Madrobot developments - I'm eagerly standing by, but just to check in with Rylo - I'm away from my DVDs right now but as soon as I make it home I plan on going through every episode to create caps. I'd love to see these done again.

I pm'ed Jet about the Geiger Counter, the wand is different than the pics he posted. It's close, but not the same.

The cage I think is a found item from an old microphone, but am still looking. Sorry, have been recouperating from being sick for the last 3 weeks.

About 3 months ago I made a ulrtra man beta capsule shell from house hold products,I was just bored,the original tv series beta capsules 1966 &1967 originals for the tv series were hand made,with black electric tape,I posed some pictures,just 1 idea out of many how to put together a outer betacapsule shell,which I also used black electrical tape for more rugget look,it sticks very well,in my opinion the replica betacapsules are well made but still lack the ruff rugget look of the hand made originals 1966 &1967 versions,which were made using black electrical tape,most if not all gagets made for movies in those days were made from scratch by hand,basically making somthing out of nothing sort of speak,the beta capsule hallow shell I made in the pix is just a simple idea,nothing more,theres many ways to construct a beta capsule. The black electric tape looks very authintic.

I came to the conclusion the only way to get a authintic beta capsule is to hand make it ur self,check out the craft stores,home depot and ace hardware for the matrials back in the days just about everything used for movies,gagets,devices where hand made,put together from from junk parts etc..the original beta capsules 1966 and 1967 black electric tape was used around the sides it looked more rugget then the manufactured replicas because it was hand made,alot of tape was used for the originals notice black electric tape on pix.:cool

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back