Sculptors, I have a question

DarkHelmet

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Show me your armatures.

What do you use for a head sculpt and what do you use for a maquette/figurine.

Thanks!

Lately, I've been using one of my head and shoulders Arnold Schwarzenegger busts, but you can get by with something a lot smaller depending on your needs.

What are you wanting to make?

-Sarge

Lately, I've been using one of my head and shoulders Arnold Schwarzenegger busts, but you can get by with something a lot smaller depending on your needs.

What are you wanting to make?

-Sarge

A Ballantine/McQuarrie Vader, a POTA Gorilla and Chimp, and attempt an Alex Ross Superman.

Yeah..... I shoot high!

My father is a professional sculpter. He was the founder and owner of Grenadier Models, and now he has http://www.coventrypewter.com/

For small scaled figures he just bends together that green craft wire. For larger scale figures, he uses coat hanger wire wrapped in tin foil.

For 1:1 scale and larger, he's gone two routes. Originally, he would just wrap a head-sized chunk of styrofoam in tin foil and start building up his clay or epoxy putty. However, now with the wonders of technology, he just sculpts a 1:6th scale maquette, has it 3D scanned, scaled up, and machined out of high density foam, which he then super details with a thin layer of clay.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back