Scratchbuilt 6 feet Alien Nostromo

What scale did you make her at? Seems almost as big as the studio model.

Fantastic bird, I would kill to have one like it, even if I have no space for it.:lol

It's 5 times the Halcyon model kit (as reference on the photo below )so it's about an 1/190 scale.Three different models were made for the movie, respectively one, four and fourteen feet :eek ... just need more space !

Looks amazing. I've been seeing more and more amazing builds using cardboard or card stock instead of styrene. I never thought of using it.

Just what we need.... Another Fred From France:behave

Only joking! How did I miss this one. Mate that looks great. I would like to tackle an accurate one one of these days. Bravo.

Thank you for your comments.
Wes R,it was my first time on scratchbuilding and I have decided to use carboard because it was the most affordable and easy stuff to work on for a beginner.But I now realize that I miss some techniques for better rounded cutting edges for example, and you are probably right Nazgûl, styren maybe the solution .Next time maybe...
Evilpet, I have to disassemble the model to store at home. Not enough space to display it :(
Jedimaster, we are all named Fred in France ;)
BTW,if you have not already seen it on my blog...

CinesfX: 2013 : Mon Nostromo en Carton ... / My Scratchbuilt Nostromo

...this is a link to a short video about the landing gear and...a bit more

Train d'atterrissage Alien Nostromo Landing Gear - YouTube

This is truly impressive work. The Nostromo is a particularly difficult subject, it has some bizarre angles.

Good work. :thumbsup

Cheers
Eddie

Right EddieL... very bizarre angles.Elmo,I have got an idea for the refinery in scale with the Nostromo... adding many carboard on my house, having a huge repaint job and I think it can works :)

While making the three exhausts, with plastic planters,soda caps...

Thank you for your comments.
Wes R,it was my first time on scratchbuilding and I have decided to use carboard because it was the most affordable and easy stuff to work on for a beginner.But I now realize that I miss some techniques for better rounded cutting edges for example, and you are probably right Nazgûl, styren maybe the solution .Next time maybe...
Evilpet, I have to disassemble the model to store at home. Not enough space to display it :(
Jedimaster, we are all named Fred in France ;)
BTW,if you have not already seen it on my blog...

CinesfX: 2013 : Mon Nostromo en Carton ... / My Scratchbuilt Nostromo

...this is a link to a short video about the landing gear and...a bit more

Train d'atterrissage Alien Nostromo Landing Gear - YouTube

I'd use cardboard or card stock too for the low price, styrene's just a bit to much for the mistakes i'm prone to make.

Thank you Tuskentrooper for posting on FB, I am so happy to read all the comments and that so many people like it.That rewards me for all the time spent on carboard cuttings :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back