Scratch Built Studio Scale Snowspeeder FINISHED!!!

Re: Scratch Built Studio Scale Snowspeeder

Thanks again for the comments!! My next project which I have already started is a 3 foot Star destroyer. Its commin along ok but I've had some issues. i have included a pic that I have on hand, but I have a bunch more of the build that I will post when I post the whole thread.

Dracula does make a good pilot...Guess you can say he's out for blood!:lol

Looking forward to this! :)

Thanks again for the comments!! My next project which I have already started is a 3 foot Star destroyer. Its commin along ok but I've had some issues. i have included a pic that I have on hand, but I have a bunch more of the build that I will post when I post the whole thread.

Dracula does make a good pilot...Guess you can say he's out for blood!:lol

You do realise that as a noob it is your responsibility to cast up all you're parts and make them available to everyone here right?

Seriously though nice work mate. What else you done?

I would love to be able to cast my work! That was one of the reasons why I was a little worried to join. As I said The work I have seen is fantastic, and everyone seems to put so much time into finding the correct pieces to match the detailing to the origionals. I don't have the funds or the resources to do that. I don't even know how to cast or vaccu-form. i am completely primitive with my building. I want to learn how to do all of that.:eek

Thanks for the interest james. I am off work for the next 2 days so I am gonna try and post my 2 builds.

I would love to be able to cast my work! That was one of the reasons why I was a little worried to join. As I said The work I have seen is fantastic, and everyone seems to put so much time into finding the correct pieces to match the detailing to the origionals. I don't have the funds or the resources to do that. I don't even know how to cast or vaccu-form. i am completely primitive with my building. I want to learn how to do all of that.:eek

Youve come to the right place then. Keep it up.

Stellar. :thumbsup

Man, I'm still amazed with the snowspeeder. There are indeed some very talented people here whose work is fantastic as well, but there's something about yours that looks as if it were lifted straight from ILM. It's uncanny...

Thanks for the interest james. I am off work for the next 2 days so I am gonna try and post my 2 builds.

Stellar. :thumbsup

Man, I'm still amazed with the snowspeeder. There are indeed some very talented people here whose work is fantastic as well, but there's something about yours that looks as if it were lifted straight from ILM. It's uncanny...

Wow! thats the best comment I could have hoped to have gotten. Thnks!

Youve come to the right place then. Keep it up.

Do you know any good links or people on here that could describe (in dummy terms) how to cast? I think my brother-in-law knows how to vaccu-form so I will ask him about that.

That snowspeeder is just awesome! Love the paint job on that bad boy! Well done Morsesith.

Smally.

A lot of the casting stuff is in the replica props section. Martyn...(Nwerke) is our mold guy over hear. Any questions you have I'm sure he could answer. In fact any of the guy's here. Most of them have cast plenty of stuff. Frank (brundlefly) is the mold monkey (his words) i guess just ask as you go. Each piece is different and will require a different mold. Once you know the basics and the materials it's not that hard to figure out.

A lot of the casting stuff is in the replica props section. Martyn...(Nwerke) is our mold guy over hear. Any questions you have I'm sure he could answer. In fact any of the guy's here. Most of them have cast plenty of stuff. Frank (brundlefly) is the mold monkey (his words) i guess just ask as you go. Each piece is different and will require a different mold. Once you know the basics and the materials it's not that hard to figure out.

Thanks a lot. Im sure I will have tons a questions! I'll probly be annoying at times!:love
I do have to take a stroll through the rest of this site. Think I'll spend my day off doin that.
Thanks again!

Well you did something right, made me drag my Speeder down and get back to fettling around lol.

lee

So heres a question (probly a stupid one) i want to post my wip on the ss. should i just post it on this thread or start a new one?....im such a nubi!

Did start a thread, got so far, then started a Probe droid lol, so its good to see your thread giving me a bit of a kick up the bum lol.

Post your WIP here by all means, looking forward to seeing pics!

lee

Ok, here we go, bu request I am posting my wip on the ss project. As i stated, I am very limited in my resources and tools. Seriously, the only real tools I have are a dremmel and exacto. So this is undoubtedly look very primitive to most of you. It may even get a little ugly. So here we go.

I started the project in late April. Don't really remember the exact date. I didn't have exact measurements so I just use the pieces of an unbuilt ERTL ss and just scaled up from there, making some corrections as I went. It is roughly 25" long and 21" wide. It is 3 times the size of the ERTL model and almost twice the size of the Master Replica.

I began by drawing out the main panels on .90 styrene. then cut them and layed them out.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back