Scottjua's stuff: Live Fire Blasters, Props, Sabers: Relby K23s

Re: Scottjua's blaster builds: UPDATE: LIVE FIRE Luke ESB DL44 + Princess Leia Margol

I need to go to US and see these awesome blasters in person!! :thumbsup Some day when my health will allow it maybe!!

Re: Scottjua's blaster builds: UPDATE: LIVE FIRE Luke ESB DL44 + Princess Leia Margol

Forget the Alamo, if I ever make it to Texas I'm touring Scott's house!

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

So so since learning that the compensator that came on my Margolin is actually the short version, there was nothing left for it but to make a correct version from scratch. What a pain.

Also so machined the extension from scratch.

The he compensator is steel so when blued it'll look great.

So after my last post, I realized that I had made the long version compensator with the slot in the wrong spot... so I re-made it... only to rush at the end while threading it and I ruined a few rows of threads. SOooooo I re-made it again because I really wanted to make sure it had perfect threading to keep it secure.

I didn't want to chance it on a live fire.

I also re-made the entire barrel extension out of 12L14 steel instead of aluminum, as the aluminum one was very slightly bored incorrectly. Again... no chances taken. So I turned everything before boring to ensure super precision and all is good now and stronger.

The weight isn't a factor since the barrel doesn't act as part of the recoil or action.

Anyway... I also realized after my research of digging through my reference pics that I had the same as the MR version with the finger catch style locking block. So I made another correct version from scratch steel.

The other discovery of accuracy that Elfenstahl pointed out in his build thread was that the front sight greeblie was indeed a big square chunk, unlike the thin plate thing MR interpreted.

LeiaBlasterScreencap.png

margolin1.jpg

margolinFront2.jpg

margolinsideFar.jpg

margolinBestSide_alt.jpg

I feel like I got every detail I can correct... the cord I made do with a flash cord I had... it matches fairly well, as there's no telling what they used.

M20160326-230432-1.jpg

M20160326-230446-2.jpg

Of course real tomtit cylinder
M20160326-230509-3.jpg

Here you can see the short compensator my gun came with and the two others I made before the final one. Also the locking block it came with vs the one I made to be correct.
M20160326-230618-4.jpg

M20160326-230659-5.jpg

These are a real pain to machine. The first two I made had a slightly wonky cut as I broke a 1/8th carbide end mill in the cut and the piece moved int he chuck slightly... ugh. So the third and final one is perfect. Those first two... slightly not.
M20160326-230719-6.jpg

M20160326-230755-7.jpg

M20160326-230843-8.jpg

The MR and Rubies is actually VERY close.

As for my measurements I used known references to get my measurements from photos and then scaled everything correctly to get it just right. I'm 99.99% confident in my execution of what I measured out. The sight chunk, the barrel length, etc. I don't think I could have gotten it much better honestly. Super happy with it.

Also... note that MR and Rubies show a long tail front sight attachment... the real prop was the short version.
M20160326-230946-9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Scottjua's blaster builds: UPDATE: LIVE fire Peincess Leia Margolin

It's crazy how I never even knew these photos existed :p That thing looks great,fantastic work as usual!

Stunning!!! Another 5 star piece! :thumbsup

nice touch with the screw in the trigger guard, totally missed that :cool

I agree that it´s a chunk and not the flat piece like MR - but i don´t think it´s this dice shape.

WOW, just wow. Scott, you did it again. Excellent work in every detail and the measurements look perfect to me. Thanks for sharing all those large scaled promo pics. They will really help me with my blaster build. (which is unfortunately halted because my move)

After all those amazing pictures I can't wait to work on mine again. :D

(Thanks for the credits, but it's nothing you wouldn't have figured out by yourself anyway. ;))

I agree that it´s a chunk and not the flat piece like MR - but i don´t think it´s this dice shape.

it's about 11mm x 10.5 mm. There's no way to be 100% and my rounded edges do ruin the visual slightly but the measurements are right. You have to take into account lens distortions and angles too.

Off course you´re free to think whatever you believe. :D

Taking angles into account makes be think it´s no cube.

The "finger catch style locking block". You are referring to the little piece of flat metal in which you are showing two of (flat ends and pointed ends) right?

If so, I agree that it is the flat one which is clear. I see something sticking out the other side of the Luke images. I assume the way the part fits, one end sticks out. And if that is true, could you post an image of the other side of your blaster as I would like to know what the end result looks like.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back