Scottjua's stuff: Live Fire Blasters, Props, Sabers: Relby K23s

Re: Scottjua's blaster builds: UPDATE: LIVE fire Peincess Leia Margolin

Sure.

Our opinions just seem to differ in some angles and dimensions, basically we´re close.

So that really bugged me, and I busted out every reference pic I have and scaled them properly to be 1:1 as best I can taking into account camera distortion and focal length pulls.

I think I got the chunk wrong slightly. I came up with a new measurement and checked it over about 50 times. I think I got it right now. I just need to repaint the part and take some photos.

Thanks for the help.

Also, MaraJadesFather yes that's the part.

I will take another pic soon, but after test firing the part I made, even though it's steel started to deform and bend. I guess mild steel won't do it. The original part must be hardened...

So I need to remake it or cut down the original part... or find an original spare part...

Also... I need to edit some quick video of the test fire. It shoots great and is a super fun gun.

So have you shot the Margolin yet? I really love the feel of that thing, but I haven't been able to track down a real one around here yet. I just have to make pew pew noises with my ROTJ version.

Yes, I just need to edit the video.

a new family pic:

K20160716-185115.jpg

Looks like a picture straight from the archives...well done sir!

Very very nice,

That coiled extension part on the Leia blaster is SOOO hard to do right, on yours it looks professional !

:)

Amazing blasters sir! But you knew that. ;) May I ask how you're weathering those DL44 (ANH) flash hiders? They look great.

Amazing blasters sir! But you knew that. ;) May I ask how you're weathering those DL44 (ANH) flash hiders? They look great.

Thanks!

The ANH is all aluminum black and time. I do them much better now, compared to two years ago when I did that one.

The ESB is like the original prop... mostly black paint, but I added some diluted aluminum black a bit.

I will echo what others have said: fantastic work!

Love the Miculek video since I first saw it last year- he's an amazing shooter.

I have 2 Vostok's, Graflex cable, Tomtit, DEC compensator and someone's ROTJ aluminium hider so I can build both.

I plan to have a steel barrel made, threaded to the front sight, as you have done, and have a sight block machined which I'll pin to the front sight.
Your eagle eye spotted the difference in the locking block, which I'd like to modify for the ANH version, but have found little reference for disassembly,
just this exploded diagram: http://freeshopmanual.com/uploads/pdf/Vostok-Margolin-Rapid-Fire-Pistol.pdf

If you could share any information about the takedown of the pistol, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks bunches; just operator error on my part for not typing correctly when searching YouTube.:facepalm

I really like the ESB weathering you did on the mount! What sort of paint did you use? It seem's like a semi-gloss type of paint. Any tips or videos you usued on how to achieve a similar chipped paint look?

I have a mount from BobaDebt but it came in more of a matte black finish and when I tried to weather it gave me more of a scratched look that I'm not too happy with. thinking of removing the paint and starting from scratch again.

I used semi gloss enamel. Nothing special. For scratching the esb, I literally study reference photos and use a micro flat head screwdriver and scratch it as I see it. I used to do that to all the blasters, but the ANH Han I created an accurate stencil for. It takes just as long to do, but is more accurately repeatable.

Is there a way to avoid seeing the scratches in the metal afterwards? I did this to my mount from Todd and the little areas were too small to go back over with fine grit sandpaper :lol

not unless you're super careful... but the metal on the original prop WAS scratched off by use... so don't sweat it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back