Scarlet Spider costume

So I tried attaching some water shoes to the suit with E6000 and this happened: View attachment 480550. It seems it melted some of the sole and was smudged on the lycra. Anyone know how to get this off without damaging the fabric.

When I first put together my Scarlet Spider cosplay I had no idea about the RPF Forums or that ppl used faceshells and magnetic eye lens so I made mine out of foam and attached them with E6000. I later ended up removing them from the zentai suit using Goo Gone and it didn't ruin the suit =D

When I first put together my Scarlet Spider cosplay I had no idea about the RPF Forums or that ppl used faceshells and magnetic eye lens so I made mine out of foam and attached them with E6000. I later ended up removing them from the zentai suit using Goo Gone and it didn't ruin the suit =D
Really?? Thanks! I was hoping to not have to cover it up with something. I'll definitely try this.

----Update----

Just picked some up at wall-mart and it is working wonders! Thanks again for the tip!

Last edited:
20150628_012956.jpgsome concept sketches. I think I might actually center the spider on this one. I'll try taking a picture and make some changes on photoshop to get a preview that's closer to the final product.

Any thoughts?

20150904_011513.jpg20150904_033111.jpg Finally moving along with this faceshell. Got the basic shape of the frames--now ready for some major dremel work!

Love the idea. Im trying to do one to. Im having trouble with the faceshell though. But I did sorta make lense templates if you interested. Also can you do a faceshell for me?

Love the idea. Im trying to do one to. Im having trouble with the faceshell though. But I did sorta make lense templates if you interested. Also can you do a faceshell for me?

Thanks! Yeah the face shell is one of the toughest parts.I'd love to see what you have. I still have the mold laying around, so technically yes--though it's not as good as some of the ones you'll find here.

IMG_20151031_201423.jpgHere's a pic of the back of the hoodie. I was not able to finish the costume by Halloween, so I had to settle for some EVA foam lenses and spider(front). I went over the budget and could not get some of the materials to screen-print the pattern onto the red suit. Also the Sculpy lens frames bent out of shape while in the oven, so I just had to make a two-part mold of each frame which didn't come out so well. But I have now cast them in some resin I had left and am fixing them up to look as best as possible. More updates to come.

Last edited:
IMG_20151031_145136.jpgMask and temporary lenses made of EVA foam on Halloween. The suit and mask don't have a pattern yet. I was going to screen print it on, but could not get my hands on some materials, so I guess I'll have to use 3D paint? :facepalm I was trying really hard to avoid it.

- - - Updated - - -

20151128_010332.jpgCurrently working on these lens frames. The mold was not the best so I still have to work around some imperfections. My 3D printer has been on and off lately so I have no clue how I'll get those web-shooters done, but the goal is to be done before Christmas...wish me luck!

View attachment 560064Mask and temporary lenses made of EVA foam on Halloween. The suit and mask don't have a pattern yet. I was going to screen print it on, but could not get my hands on some materials, so I guess I'll have to use 3D paint? :facepalm I was trying really hard to avoid it.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 560065Currently working on these lens frames. The mold was not the best so I still have to work around some imperfections. My 3D printer has been on and off lately so I have no clue how I'll get those web-shooters done, but the goal is to be done before Christmas...wish me luck!

LUCK LUCK LUCK,
I would put your suit together without the screen print 1st, you can always do the 3D paint later if you don't like it. Just a thought......

LUCK LUCK LUCK,
I would put your suit together without the screen print 1st, you can always do the 3D paint later if you don't like it. Just a thought......

Thank You!
yep, I ended up doing that because I wanted to wear it for Halloween. Now I gotta figure the the best way to put that hexagon pattern all over the suit.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back