Scarlet-Spider Costume Completed (+Convention Pics)

Thanks man, I really appreciate this :) I'm thinking that's going to be the best option tbh, seeing as I gain less weight than a fly :lol
And don't worry, it's not too late as I'm planning on making some modifications to suti soon anyway.

Thanks for the feedback ^.^ It was at the October MCM Expo in London last year.

Haha no prob dude. I'm building my own Scarlet Spider Suit too, and I've used this on cosplays twice. It's very cheap and efficient!

Maybe its because I also have a slender build, but I prefer Spidey to be skinny. I've never seen a muscular bug lol. Part of what attracts me to spiderman is how no would ever guess "Puny Parker" was spidey even if he told them, yet look at what he can do. Don't let anyone tell you that you're too skinny to be spiderman. They're just too bulky to be him :p

They get Batman and pretty much every comic book hero, us little guys get Spiderman haha. I think the Spectacular Spiderman is a great visual representation of Spidey. Miles Morales is also quite a slender spider. Nice job! I would just recommend angling the frames in more for a more menacing look.

Thanks, as well as to you for your muscle build. If you have any questions about it just let me know.

Thanks again man :) Will do.

Maybe its because I also have a slender build, but I prefer Spidey to be skinny. I've never seen a muscular bug lol. Part of what attracts me to spiderman is how no would ever guess "Puny Parker" was spidey even if he told them, yet look at what he can do. Don't let anyone tell you that you're too skinny to be spiderman. They're just too bulky to be him :p

They get Batman and pretty much every comic book hero, us little guys get Spiderman haha. I think the Spectacular Spiderman is a great visual representation of Spidey. Miles Morales is also quite a slender spider. Nice job! I would just recommend angling the frames in more for a more menacing look.

It's more the fact that I myself think I'm a bit too skinny for the role and need something just to pad out my bones a bit :lol Nothing major, just hints to give my body a sense of physicality.
And thanks for the heads up on the eye frames, planning to redo them at some point soon.

Hey man! Awesome costume! I too am making a scarlet spider costume and was going to use a morphsuit! Just a couple of questions, how did you get around the zip? I own 2 morphsuits (now too small so unusable) and know that the zip goes from top of back head down to the bottom. What did you do to stop the zip from coming off? I've never really made costumes like this and would really like to get into more stuff like this (like prints and 3D stuff which, to be honest, I have no idea what they are or how to use them :p) so every little bit helps. And also did you cut holes on the red mask so you weren't looking out of 2 layers of lycra stuff? Or were the eyes a different material?

Hey man! Awesome costume! I too am making a scarlet spider costume and was going to use a morphsuit! Just a couple of questions, how did you get around the zip? I own 2 morphsuits (now too small so unusable) and know that the zip goes from top of back head down to the bottom. What did you do to stop the zip from coming off? I've never really made costumes like this and would really like to get into more stuff like this (like prints and 3D stuff which, to be honest, I have no idea what they are or how to use them :p) so every little bit helps. And also did you cut holes on the red mask so you weren't looking out of 2 layers of lycra stuff? Or were the eyes a different material?

Hi there, thanks for the kind words :)
I've never had a problem with the zip coming off personally. I had a few moments where the morph-suit itself had torn (mainly around the joining for the arms and the along the lower part of the back) while wearing it at the Con but nothing with the zipper itself :/
Colour me the same in terms of prints! I haven't any experience with them either, just bought my morphsuit from a dressing-up store.
I think if you wanted to attach a zip to a print then your best bet would be to sew it securely using a sewing machine, and perhaps have an overlapping strip to cover up and protect the zipper. Sorry it's not great advice, but it's all I've got :p

In terms of the mask, I did indeed cut two holes in the morphsuit's mask and then layered the white fabric and eye frames over the top.

Best of luck with your costume man!

Hi there, thanks for the kind words :)
I've never had a problem with the zip coming off personally. I had a few moments where the morph-suit itself had torn (mainly around the joining for the arms and the along the lower part of the back) while wearing it at the Con but nothing with the zipper itself :/
Colour me the same in terms of prints! I haven't any experience with them either, just bought my morphsuit from a dressing-up store.
I think if you wanted to attach a zip to a print then your best bet would be to sew it securely using a sewing machine, and perhaps have an overlapping strip to cover up and protect the zipper. Sorry it's not great advice, but it's all I've got :p

In terms of the mask, I did indeed cut two holes in the morphsuit's mask and then layered the white fabric and eye frames over the top.

Best of luck with your costume man!

Thanks heaps! I will probably experiment a bit with the zip, maybe cover the end of the zip with something plastic. Or if I can get a soldering iron I may solder something onto the zip. Keep making costumes I freaking love your work! And if you're into batman you could try making a batman beyond costume! I'm trying to make one but it's not just a morphsuit it's all bike gear and a plastic mask where you can pull the mouth down to talk. It's really complicated haha but I may make a post. Have fun!

Thanks heaps! I will probably experiment a bit with the zip, maybe cover the end of the zip with something plastic. Or if I can get a soldering iron I may solder something onto the zip. Keep making costumes I freaking love your work! And if you're into batman you could try making a batman beyond costume! I'm trying to make one but it's not just a morphsuit it's all bike gear and a plastic mask where you can pull the mouth down to talk. It's really complicated haha but I may make a post. Have fun!

That sounds epic! An armoured up version of the Beyond costume would be very very cool indeed.

Ok I'm late to this but I'm making the scarlet spider too now foam for the eyes cool BUT what if you need to wash the costume won't it fall apart? Just wondering tho

Ok I'm late to this but I'm making the scarlet spider too now foam for the eyes cool BUT what if you need to wash the costume won't it fall apart? Just wondering tho

Hi there,

This is going to sounds pretty disgusting but I haven't actually washed the suit (I left it out to air after my first and only time wearing it) so I'm not entirely sure what'd happen to the lenses, although I think your account would be pretty accurate :lol

I think plastic or urethane lenses would be your best bet.

Thanks and good luck with your costume man!

plus i was wondering the belt im thinking ideas but what would you reccomend?

On this version I just used a fake leather material for the belt itself as well as card for the buckle. However, I would suggest using an actual leather or thick cotton belt instead of the leatherette because it was so flimsy and really wasn't as durable as an actual belt would be.

Hope this helps :)

i have just decided to try to make this costume however i cant find a place to buy the hoodie and how do you get the spider on to the hoodie

Hi there :)

I purchased the hoodie off of eBay (can't remember the specific auction) and cut the sleeves off of it. I used a stencil to spray the logo on with paint, although I wouldn't recommend that method as it doesn't bode too well when it comes to washing the suit. I think page 1 of this thread has some more info. regarding the hoodie. Thanks.

Hi there, awesome suit, I shall be making a scarlet spider suit soon, just wondering about the dimensions of the ankle pouches? any help would be greatly received!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back