Sandbagger's Iron-Man builds - Now in STEEL

Now that's a leg!!!GM
Hey SB, is there any chance of getting a better pic of the hinge on that leg? Thanx buddy. Beautiful work though. The more of these metal builds i see, the more tempted i am to try one myself. Just an awesome build all around...GM

Last edited:
Now that's a leg!!!GM
Hey SB, is there any chance of getting a better pic of the hinge on that leg? Thanx buddy. Beautiful work though. The more of these metal builds i see, the more tempted i am to try one myself. Just an awesome build all around...GM

It's nothing flash just yet. I just put a couple of M8 hex set bolts through the joints to help me align the knee.

Knee alignment is paramount with this thing. I've been caught before with it not lining up. The way to do it is to assemble the major parts first, connect the joint as soon as possible, then put the knee cap on last.

If I get a chance I'll photograph/video it today.

Cheers!

SB.

Got another shin done and part of the waist armour.

5LjaGwr.jpg

BRbIOla.jpg

L5DBVwG.jpg

Now that's a leg!!!GM

Here you go Mr Murdoch.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is such a work of art!
Sorry if you have already covered this but do you plan on lining the inside of the whole suit with foam or some other material?

^^^ Ta mate. :)

One of the difficult challenges of an anatomically incorrect superhero with impossible proportions is making the suit fit without having to change the whole thing. When you scale this suit in the program that prints it, if you change the scale you change the whole thing! If I scaled up to widen at the waist, I could fit two of my bums in the rest.

My simple fix - only adjust it where you need to, AFTER scaling. My cardboard suit is perfect for making such adjustments. Cut it open, add thin strips where needed and problem solved!

Now all I have to do is the same on my steel suit. Only ten minutes work in it too! Bonus!

WJCAy1F.jpg

sSIVHE6.jpg

P5Vozau.jpg

silly question.. why not have a double hinge on the knee? like instead of one rotation point, have two. I feel like it would bend more comfortably

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back