Salzo V3 X wing build

I got the first engine figured out today. I wanted it to glow and flicker so i added a red 3mm LED for the glow and a 3mm orange one for the flicker. The flicker circuit is from an electronic tealight. Theres also 3 filters and some clear tubing in there!
This is the first time i have uploaded a movie file so please let me know if it works.

Last edited:
Heres an update so far. I have had commission stuff to do , so its taking a while. Most of the parts are attached. Lower wings are attached with pins and not fixed yet.The stand was a great find. Its a kitchen role holder but was already gloss black and works well.
DSC02196.jpg

DSC02197.jpg

DSC02198.jpg

I have the paint on now. I was going for my own personal touch to this one , not 100% screen accurate. After making lots for others it nice to do mine the way I want it. Im pleased so far. Still more work to do yet though.
r54.jpg

r51.jpg

r52.jpg

r53.jpg

Thanks guys. Its been the most fun i have had doing weathering for a long time.

Thanks Kurt for posting those great photos of red 5. They were a big help.

As you may know , this is now on ebay for sale. It appears that all of us and all of the starwars books are wrong , look.

Dear gunpowdermodels,

studio scale was 5 ft long mate. not 1 ft 9 inches.

- mork9000
:lol:lol
Nevermind

Last edited by a moderator:
As you may know , this is now on ebay for sale. It appears that all of us and all of the starwars books are wrong , look.

Dear gunpowdermodels,

studio scale was 5 ft long mate. not 1 ft 9 inches.

- mork9000
:lol:lol
Nevermind

And did you bother to educate the misinformed?

:confused

Last edited by a moderator:
No...let him wallow in his ignorance.That's a fantastic build by the way.I'd like to make a S.S X-Wing like that.I think there was only one X-Wig that was a good 3-4ft in length,but the smaller scales were predominently used.I'm ot sure how often they used that large scale?

I think the 4 foot, was only used for one shot wasn't it? Regardless, id still educate the guy lol, point him here Andrew, tell him to talk to Beaz, or the other X wing guru's, im sure what those guys know will put him right hehe!

lee

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back