Rubie's ANH Leia Blaster--- Anyone seen this yet?

Moving this discussion here, as it seems more relevant.

Huh. The Rubies must have dropped in quality after the initial release. I don’t remember having that hard of a time cleaning up seams when I modified it for the A New Hope version…. But then again that tend to be typical with Rubies. Even when they do come out with something good, they go an screw it up.

Yeah, the alignment on the seams is horrible on my copy. There's another one up on eBay right now for about $15 and I'm seriously considering it, in case it's in better shape.

LOL yep, I still have PTSD from my Rubies. I left it ANH style, but the sanding and filling took months before I was happy with it! I think it was at least 8 rounds of sanding and filling.

Update: I still hate it. On my third round of putty and second round of priming. Making progress but it's slow.

I cut into the bottom and filled the handle with epoxy putty mixed with lead shot. Current weight is about 13 oz, which feels good. I'm planning to reattach the barrel with some metal rod. Total weight looks to be about 14.5 oz when fully assembled. I have no idea the real weight of a Margolin, but it feels plausible.

PXL_20240322_202244784_copy_1612x1209.jpg

PXL_20240322_202613531_copy_1612x1209.jpg

PXL_20240322_202559902_copy_1612x1209.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back