ROTJ Vader light saber

Re: ROTJ Vader light sabre

Well, ya know, it could accidentally fall off the wall and the glass could break while cleaning. LOl
Damn those security cameras....:angry

Cool. Even more photos of it from different angles while in the case would be fantastic.

Here's a quick comparison I threw together.

0590997.jpeg

I don't think the wire is gray, I think it's white but very dirty.

Brown/White are common wiring colours used in the UK at the time (we use black/white in the USA), and it appears white in photos.

I definitely think the wire on the front was/is grey. Too uniform in color to just be dirty. Also white would fade into a yellow color and not grey.

However the wire on the backside...hard to tell from that one blurry pic.

Sometimes I think you guys know more about this stuff than George Lucas!

Not to blow your mind, but more times than not, prop collectors/replicators know more about the props/costumes than the ones who originally put them together. At least where the OT Star Wars is concerned.
I can say this from personal experience and I know others who can as well.

Not to blow your mind, but more times than not, prop collectors/replicators know more about the props/costumes than the ones who originally put them together.
To the people making the props, its a job. To us geeks, its a passion. Nuff said.

I agree....the wire looks grey to me.

As for more pics....is it possible to shoot pics above the case looking down and also below looking up? Looks like the sides are blocked....

I have to agree with Gino...I believe the wire is grey as well.

The wire on the opposite side sure looks blue to me, there is a blue specular highlight off of the chrome but the wire does appear to be blue.

If a tri-pod was used to steady your camera you would not need to use your flash, you could shoot with a slower shutter speed...slow enough to gather sufficient ambient light for a decent exposure.

The one thing that has got me hooked into this find are the marks on the band that match up perfectly with the studio image. The screws could of been added later at some point...do we know if the screws were present from the get go?

I think once Chris posted that shot in ESB showing the blue wire pretty much confirmed it for me.

Well...I'm glad I have an extra larbel MPP...I can turn it into a ROTJ hero now....that is if I can find some blue and white/grey wire....

I dont see any screw heads on the pic on the left. Not discounting that it IS THEE ESB/ROTJ saber. Personallly I beleive it is. I find it interesting that, they would have been added later. But why?

I believe this saber is the real deal. The grips line up to Chris's pics. If they screws are not on the real prop pic it may have been added latter. It makes since if grips start falling off from glue. It would be logical to screw it down after.

I believe this saber is the real deal. The grips line up to Chris's pics. If they screws are not on the real prop pic it may have been added latter. It makes since if grips start falling off from glue. It would be logical to screw it down after.

This was pretty much my point. I'll agree with this.:thumbsup

These prop discoveries are as delightful as they are stressful. The thought of having a previously-assumed fact negated forces many to go back and revise or reinvent.

So here we have a shared Vader ESB that also has links to ROTJ? Does this saber appear in ROTJ at all? If not, why?

In any case, I would have to consider the possibility that this might've been the ANH version 2 that appears in the Leia interrogation scene. But regardless of whether or not it's actually the same saber, we have the satisfaction of indulging on the thought that this could be a surviving Vader ANH.

I'm not sure if it matters, but there's an Elstree Studios certified "Vader ESB" prop that has both the ROTJ-Graflex emitter and screws on corners of the grips.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back