ROTJ Stormtrooper Armour

Gino,
None of this relates to you? Why do you think that everyone that releases anything Star Wars relates to you? You came into this thread to belittle our armour and moulds because they are not yours. All your doing is making yourself look stupid.
Everything you have pointed out about our armour has already been discussed in the open. Wears not hiding anything here and it wasn't necessary to go over old ground. We are very transparent in what we have and done. It's a shame you can't be the same. Now can we please get back on topic. If you have nothing new to add or no constructive criticism then please stick to your own threads about your own amazing cast from original replicas. Thank you.

see post #38 where I said I didn't see the thigh aspect mentioned in this thread, and also that I never accused anyone of hiding anything. It may be old ground at FISD, but it wasn't mentioned in this thread.

Also since you asked, here is how this relates to me.
1. both our mold sets come from the Cameron Oakley original screen used suit (mine from the inside, yours from the outside)
2. the fact that your armor was being claimed (not necessarily by you) to be the most accurate set, which would insinuate that mine were lesser (which is not the case).
This is one time where instead of just simply stating mine is more accurate and leaving it at that, where I actually took the time to thoroughly explain why, and even show some pics (which is what you always complain about when I don't do it).

It is important to me that the history/lineage of these particular molds (yours and mine) not get blurred or confused into being equals in terms of accuracy.

Carry on.

Just to correct the incorrect information and propaganda above. Our thighs are exactly as the original set of thighs that CO acquired, the TE/GINO thighs were the same but were trimmed down to look more accurate like we have now done with ours. The TE molds were changed before GINO got hold of them.

Here is the original set of armour that all of our molds came from.

ROTJarmor1.jpg

partsusedfortearmour.jpg

3ORIG.jpg

As you can see the thighs are the same as the Oakley suit above. The TE/GINO thighs were modified to look more screen accurate, just like ours. Everyones thighs have been modified to look more accurate.

What GINO doesn't understand is simply that the CO donor original suit had untrimmed thigh tops...

Joe

Just to correct the incorrect information and propaganda above. Our thighs are exactly as the original set of thighs that CO acquired, the TE/GINO thighs were the same but were trimmed down to look more accurate like we have now done with ours. The TE molds were changed before GINO got hold of them.

Here is the original set of armour that all of our molds came from.

ROTJarmor1.jpg

partsusedfortearmour.jpg

3ORIG.jpg

As you can see the thighs are the same as the Oakley suit above. The TE/GINO thighs were modified to look more screen accurate, just like ours. Everyones thighs have been modified to look more accurate.

What GINO doesn't understand is simply that the CO donor original suit had untrimmed thigh tops...

Joe

No, the TE/Gino thighs were not modified. Cameron oakley's replica fiberglass molds/parts were.
You can clearly see in those pics of the originals that the tops of those thighs match the TE/Gino thighs and the CFO/Cameron Oakley fiberglass pieces do not.
Anyone who has a set of TE or AP armor can attest to that.
You saying the CO donor original suit had untrimmed thigh tops shows me that you aren't seeing what I'm talking about.
Just look at the originals in those pics. It's right there.

Last edited:
Great armor! Superb job JoeR and sskunky! :thumbsup
Just ignore the trolling :thumbsdown

It is important to me that the history/lineage of these particular molds (yours and mine) not get blurred or confused into being equals in terms of accuracy.

Yeah, sure. whatever.

Same here. Let's not forget, I have the positive master molds taken from the inside of the suit (which is optimal for vac forming), while this endeavor uses negative molds taken from the outside of the armor (which were made for creating fiberglass pieces).

Gosh, do you like patting yourself on the back all the time or what? :confused

already back from probation and apparently has learned nothing

Last edited:
2. the fact that your armor was being claimed (not necessarily by you) to be the most accurate set, which would insinuate that mine were lesser (which is not the case).
This is one time where instead of just simply stating mine is more accurate and leaving it at that, where I actually took the time to thoroughly explain why, and even show some pics (which is what you always complain about when I don't do it).

Carry on.

Gino you constantly go on about you having the most, best even more accurate and so on and so on. As soon as someone else gets a compliment about something Star Wars that's not yours you can't stand it. Then say you are doing it for the good of the community. :rolleyes

That's not true.
There's a difference between a compliment, and saying something like "can't get any more accurate" when it's simply not true.
And if I happen to own the more accurate (x), of course I'm going to speak up about it.

Greetings from me - a retired ROTJ trooper armour maker :cool:)
What a great piece! I love it!
And it´s great that you have received so much attention. You see you have done a marvellous job on this! Ignore any flame war.
You are my new heroes.

Gino, You are using my pic of Cameron Oakley´s trooper!

Thanks guys. I think everyone knows what sort of a person GINO is and his MO.

We don't care if what we haven't isn't the best, we are open about our sources and treat people with respect. We want to offer something with good lineage our fellow prop fans.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Joe

Thanks guys. I think everyone knows what sort of a person GINO is and his MO.

We don't care if what we haven't isn't the best, we are open about our sources and treat people with respect. We want to offer something with good lineage our fellow prop fans.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Joe

well said, after all it's a hobby and it should be about fun/sharing with other people. When my financial risis is over I'll think about getting an armour, I guess it'd look great next to my ROTJ Vader :)

Anyone would think Gino started this thread.It is a real shame you have to read through the tenis match to get to the nuts and bolts of what the thread is about.I guess that is one thing we can say Gino is good at ,watering down other folks threads.

Anyway well done guys on this new venture.

First of all...Joe and Mark, you both have done a great job with this beautiful set of armor :love Congrats to this. Hope i will find some more space for such a nice set in the future.

Its just sad to see that this great thread develops into that kind of debate just because one guy cant live with the fact that others also have accurate stuff and not only himself.
And i'm wondering he is able to do this the whole thread without any reprimands from the mods.

A few days ago in Gino's Tie helmet thread every single question from some people were considered as a try of trolling and it doesnt last more than a few minutes that these people got warnings from the mods:rolleyes

Where are you now? Its pretty clear that all this ends in a f..... war just because one member here still cant live with the fact that he is NOT the center of the universe. It was such a quiet month and now we have still the same bull**** as before. If you mods are really objective than stop this trolling before another great thread will be closed just because of this disrespectfull behavior. Joe was asking that he stays out of this thread and he doesnt respect that.

I really hope the mods will be fair and this thread wont be closed just because of such a kind of bull****.

Now back to topic. Would like to see that armor on a mannequin also:love

Please Keep in mind that the mods do not work on "our time table" and they work on theirs with the best of their abilities. There are only 3 mods on duty and two are here in the united states I believe......they can be sleeping especially since it is the early a.m here.....it takes time to consult with one another......be patient.....Also, these mods are by far the most fair mods i have seen....

I can understand the frustration with Gino.....kinda sad when you think of it.....his reputation overshadows his credibility...its hard to believe that any-one takes him seriously anymore...

Thanks for all the support guys.

I'll have a set built up soon and you can all see it on me if I can squeeze into it :lol I'm not the slender fit guy I used to be. or a mannequin. Or maybe I can find a volunteer to wear it for a shoot?
As far as accurate goes this us pretty much up there. The colour of the ABS is closer than anyone has got before and the parts themselves are as close as most people will get. Obviously not nearly as accurate as Ginos as he's already stated but hey most people will never get to own one of his anyway.
The helmet is by far the most accurate ever offered to the community from ROTJ.
It's taken a fair chunk of our time in bringing this to the community not to mention money.

I would also like to take this time to thank all the people behind us for all your hard work and help. This wouldn't have been possible without you. Thank you Jeremy for the ABS research, Gav for the production of the helmet moulds, mike for the decals, steve for lenses and of course the vac forming company and anyone else I've missed.
Thanks to all the guys across the forums that have stuck with us and supported us right from the begining, you know who you are. :thumbsup

I'm going to cry now.......... :lol

Que:Oscar....... :confused

Enjoy......

CfO armor is one of the best ways to go stormie, no doubt.
However, it has a very ROTJ look in deed. Many people are looking for a more ANH look. Have you thought about 'cleaning' the molds in order to make ANH look armors in a future?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back