Rogue One Vader costume

All OT Vader helmets are not symmetrical.
Yeah, but the one to the left is the Rogue One 2016 helmet. Some people might have thought that it was fixed. They are right, however, IT ISN'T SYMMETRICAL, even just by that tiny bit. Asymmetry is asymmetry.

that_s_all_folks__by_surrimugge-d6rfav1.png

Last edited:
oh it's 100 times better than ROTS, for sure.

Except, now that you say it, the dome flair definitely looks slightly better, and more similar to an ROTS.

It not definitely an ANH replica helmet planted glossy and clean. They certainly tweaked that helmet - the cheeks, cheek tips, mouth sidewall/edges, others will get into dome flare...

If this is remotely accurate to what we'll see on screen - I like it infinitely better than the ROTS Vader Helmet.

Yeah, people thought it was at least fixed.

Hey this is little off topic trivia, but I was half watching James Cameron's Avatar tonight and the call sign for the helicopter pilot that defects with Jake Skully and crew is "Rogue One." When her helicopter goes down she calls out that "Rouge One is going down" or something similar to that. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its not just you hard core geeks noticing the off Vader. While seeing R1 a second time a number of people and even kids commented how Vader didnt look proper. In retrospect the guy in the Orange UK commercial was a dentist from Redondo Beach named Tom. If they couldnt get our own Brandon to do Vader, they could have gotten Tom. Jokes aside, there was padding under the Vader armor in the Orange UK spot. The helmet fit great as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Eu1owh0JQI

I finally saw R1 again and you guys were 100% right, you see right through his chin vent and through the helmet for a split second. Someone should tweet a photo of that to Gareth Edwards so maybe it gets fixed for the BR.

I finally saw R1 again and you guys were 100% right, you see right through his chin vent and through the helmet for a split second. Someone should tweet a photo of that to Gareth Edwards so maybe it gets fixed for the BR.
I watched that scene closely after reading these posts. I'm sceptical that there would be a clear opening all the way through the helmet at that angle.

Has anyone with a Vader helmet created a shot where you can see through the helmet at a similar angle?

Since it is just white, we could be seeing glare off a shiny part of the helmet.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I have watched the scene repeatedly, the neck of the helmet curves around too much to expose the back like that, even if there was not even a head in the helmet at that same angle! That's got to be a light reflection or glare somehow.

I finally saw the film last night. I thought Vader looked great. The only thing that slightly bothered me was his walk was off. He seeme to walk with a hurried shuffle.

I never saw this ESB walk as slow, and note the camera is moving with him, if cam were stationary, it would even seem faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the original non Special Edition dialogue!

are you serious?!? all these years i thought that was a new scene from the special edition!! i dont ever remember seeing that seen on the VHS tapes. man i learn something new everyday

I'm talking about the walk, not the line. Before 1997 he said "Bring my shuttle" when George inserted his shuttle already on the platform to show off the cityscape more he changed he dialogue to "Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival." Because it wouldn't have made sense to say the former line with the shuttle already there in front of him. But they could have kept the original line and just showed the sideview of Vader walking to empty platform with the cityscape still there.

- - - Updated - - -

On another note, most do not know that this is NOT Prowse nor Anderson in the Vader suit in this scene. star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-9722.jpg

I have a theory about the neck issue and how it sat funny and stuck out.

On my modified Rubies Supreme helmet, I attached the back half of a skateboard helmet to my Vader mask to make it easier to wear (though I rarely ever actually wear it).
Anyway, I've noticed when the helmet is on my head, the neck sits above my collar area.

In the old helmets, as far as I know, the helmets had the straps/foam padding combo to basically force your face into the mask. This way, its more likely the weight of the mask will make it sag down more, a rest on the armour/collar area of the wearer.

So maybe, since it's been said its a totally new sculpted helmet, the updated the way it sits on the head and that contributed to the funky floating neck.

I know it's the ROTJ version, but the Vader in Night at the Museum 2 looked better than Vader in Rogue One. I'm sorry, but that's just an epic fail on the part of the Rogue One team!

Nightatthemuseum.jpg

Part of me wishes they would've had the first appearance of Vader in R1 be the dark hallway scene (basically cutting out the whole Mustafar location.) We wouldn't get the kinda cool shot of Anakin in the bacta tank, but the actual conversation was somewhat redundant as far as I can remember, and the scene had the worst Vader costume visuals as well as IMO the worst James Earl Jones line delivery. I think most people would probably be happier as far as the Vader costume without the Mustafar bits. Would be a bit more unexpected when he appeared out of the darkness, too.

Thoughts?

I read recently in an article that the hallway scene was a re-shoot and a different guy was used instead of the guy used for the Mustafar scene.

If Vader makes any more appearances, such as in the young Han Solo movie, I hope they use the new guy.

Part of me wishes they would've had the first appearance of Vader in R1 be the dark hallway scene (basically cutting out the whole Mustafar location.) We wouldn't get the kinda cool shot of Anakin in the bacta tank, but the actual conversation was somewhat redundant as far as I can remember, and the scene had the worst Vader costume visuals as well as IMO the worst James Earl Jones line delivery. I think most people would probably be happier as far as the Vader costume without the Mustafar bits. Would be a bit more unexpected when he appeared out of the darkness, too.

Thoughts?
Worse than ROTS?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hmm, I meant just within the scope of R1, but as far as delivery, they're about equally bad. Yes, yes, "NoooOOOOO!" was pretty terrible, but I also cringed every time Vader tried saying the words "Director Krennic." I wonder if this will be the last film JEJ does as Vader.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back