Rocketeer "Bulldog Cafe" pic...

Attached are my last two pics of the Cafe set taken in the mid-1990s. In the second pic, my cousin is seen wearing a denim jacket that has the Rocketeer artwork emblazoned upon it. This jacket was a one-off created by him. He was an INCREDIBLE artist! This jacket now resides in my personal collection.

WOW! Your cousin did a great job on that Jacket Artwork! He had a God-given talent! Looks like in one of the photos you can see through to the back door and the grass & trees out behind. You said it was dark in there, but was all the wood interior taken out? What was left?

Unfortunately it was just a shell inside. Nothing but steel cables for support, And yes, my cousin was a FABULOUS artist!!!! He's no longer with us, but the two of us had a lot of GREAT times together.

Decided to bump this thread. Does anyone have a General idea where the bulldog cafe or duck pond filming location was located. I didn't have time to research the exact filming location. I'm on a road trip and figured passing by The city it was filmed. Only info I have is it is on piru near newhall ranch

Decided to bump this thread. Does anyone have a General idea where the bulldog cafe or duck pond filming location was located. I didn't have time to research the exact filming location. I'm on a road trip and figured passing by The city it was filmed. Only info I have is it is on piru near newhall ranch

I remeber ECBBFan was putting together a bunch of research on it a while back, but I didn't hear if he ever found the actual location

I was at the Santa Maria airport today. Took a few pictures of the bigelow hanger. I'll post some when.I get home.

Not home yet but here's a pic

IMAG0388.jpg

The helmet is truly a prototype helmet haha.

The museum was closed. Fortunately the person in charge was in the museum. He gave us a private tour and we talked rocketeer and such. I will be donating one of my evilrocketeer buckets to the museum so they can have a more accurate helmet

The museum was closed. Fortunately the person in charge was in the museum. He gave us a private tour and we talked rocketeer and such. I will be donating one of my evilrocketeer buckets to the museum so they can have a more accurate helmet

Wow-that’s quite generous, I'm sure it will be appreciated by many. Maybe if you're really lucky they will trade you for their prototype helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:

How was the rest of the trip? Did you find the Duck Pond?

Old conversation but I just found out that the Bulldog Cafe from the movie was cut apart and shipped to Florida where it was reassembled without the interior. Sot the Bulldog Cafe that was seen on the backlot tour WAS the one form the movie. This came from the crew leaders for the set company that took it apart and loaded it on the trucks that were taking it to Florida.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back