RIP David Bowie

Very sad news, He was the Master of any and all styles of music he choose to work in.

Saw him numerous times in concert always an amazing show

A musical Genius has been lost........:(

My daughters go to movie is Labyrinth and infact by chance we were watching it just last night only to read the news this morning.

You will be missed but your art will be loved by generations to come

Just watched the black star video last night...

The world is at a loss. RIP to one of my biggest musical idols.

:(

Frankly, I was never a huge fan, but I truly respected the guy for constantly experimenting with new things, sounds, etc. Back in the early days with all the make up and being carried on stage in a dress, all that crazy stuff it didn't even seem like the same guy 20 years later. He wasn't rehashing the same old schtick but always going another step artistically into new territory. The acting in films and doing The Elephant Man on Broadway was all part of this growth. He really was unique that way

And dying at 69 after more than a year of grappling with cancer, how awful. Poor man.

Rest in Peace,Mr.Bowie.You have fought with all you had and brought the world your music and entertainment.
Bless you and know that you will be remembered by all who appreciated you.

He wasn't just a great musician. I think he was a pretty good actor too. Many people may only remember his role from Labyrinth, but I remember his roles from The Hunger and The Man Who Fell To Earth. I wanted to post a clip of his performance from The Hunger, but YouTube has mostly FMVs, but they did have the intros for the TV series The Hunger he was a part of (typically being the narrator of the series, but he appeared in one episode that was directed by Tony Scott):

Last edited by a moderator:
Just told my students to pour one out for David Bowie. A room full of high school seniors, and all I got were blank stares followed by a hesitant "wasn't he a musician"? Good god.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back