RIP David Bowie

He only just released a new album on Friday! Think I'll remember the sketch he was involved in with Ricky Gervais best from the show Extras - chubby little fat man. I still have tears of lafter watching that.

How the world can change in only a few minutes. I'd stepped away from my laptop to get ready for bed, and came back to the news all over my twitter feed.

I think I need to watch Labyrinth tomorrow.

Holy cow! That really was unexpected! He just released Blackstar and I was just listening to it! Another one taken by cancer. Really, what a loss.

Last edited:
Very, very saddened to hear about this

My sister had all his albums

In the 70's she played them non-stop & made me listen to him

In the 80's I realised that I was indebted to her

I saw him at Slane Castle 'Glass Spider Tour'

.....gutted

J

Only ever liked a few of his songs,still unfortunate him going like this.

*ETA*

Somehow I can't get out of my head him and Lemmy being together at the same time in the afterlife-I see God/Odin/Buddha reaching for a set of ear plugs!

Last edited:
It's a tragedy :(

but it it wasn't unexpected.. He's been battling with his cancer for a few years now... Really sad news...

Time to have a Bowie day!!

Very sad news to wake up to. Another of the greats from my generations formative years gone. Played "Scary Monsters/Super Creeps" until the LP almost wore out. "Space Oddity", "Ashes to Ashes", "Life on Mars", Scary Monsters SCs" still on my top playlist. A total original, unique and distinctly so of his time. His son ,Duncan Jones , made "Moon" one of my favourite films of 2009. Ground control to Major Tom- may Gods speed be with you on your final journey sir.

Last edited:
I am in shock right now. So very sorry to hear this, the world has really lost a special extremely talented and interesting person.What a real loss to the entire world.

Rest in Peace David Jones aka David Bowie.

goblinking.JPG

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back