Riddick Hero Necromonger Lensor Helmet – Should I Repair It

Boba Debt

Master Member
This is not a veiled attempt to advertise this for sale because when and if I sell this it will be through a Prop Auction House

Jeff Simon sent this to me a LONG time ago to repair the electronics so he could sell it

It got damaged in shipping and I was not able to repair the electronics

The plan was for him to find someone to repair the helmet but as some of you may know he was suffering from MS and things took a long time for him

Unfortunately Jeff passed away before he could get this repaired and sold

I waited a while and contacted Sandy, Jeff’s Wife, and asked what to do with it and she didn’t really seem to care one way or the other

So I offered to sell it for her but to date I have not found anyone interested in buying it

SO

Should I repair it or does that diminish the value?

If I do repair it, can someone recommend a good glue with about 1 minute of work time so I can get the part installed correctly before it sets?

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Thanks

R 006.jpg

R 007.jpg

R 004.jpg

You could perhaps contact Propstore if you want to sell it via an auction house, tell them you are considering consiging and ask for their advice.

You could perhaps contact Propstore if you want to sell it via an auction house, tell them you are considering consiging and ask for their advice.

They want a TON of money to restore and sell it and Sandy gave me the impression that they were kind of over trying to work with her on selling Jeffs collection

This is not a veiled attempt to advertise this for sale because when and if I sell this it will be through a Prop Auction House

Jeff Simon sent this to me a LONG time ago to repair the electronics so he could sell it

It got damaged in shipping and I was not able to repair the electronics

The plan was for him to find someone to repair the helmet but as some of you may know he was suffering from MS and things took a long time for him

Unfortunately Jeff passed away before he could get this repaired and sold

I waited a while and contacted Sandy, Jeff’s Wife, and asked what to do with it and she didn’t really seem to care one way or the other

So I offered to sell it for her but to date I have not found anyone interested in buying it

SO

Should I repair it or does that diminish the value?

If I do repair it, can someone recommend a good glue with about 1 minute of work time so I can get the part installed correctly before it sets?

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Thanks

View attachment 1686800

View attachment 1686801

View attachment 1686802
Hi there,
Cyano glue. There are different thicknesses of this glue from thin(runny as hell) tp thick which will fill small gaps. I often opt for thick for repairs and model making. It should take 40 seconds to set allowing repositioning and once set stronger than original material in many cases. Allow 10 mins to fully cure.
Fwiw I use ROKET brand as its good. Avaliable on fleabay and amazon and a lot of model shops.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back