Rick Grimes Knife Season 5/6

I have a screen shot of it somewhere I'm also looking for this knife. I'll have to post it later but He uses it while he is looking for carol after she left and at the saviors compound. Hard as hell to see though you only see the blade and the tip of the handle.

IMG_7081.jpg
IMG_5483.jpg
These are, at the moment, the only good reference photos I was able to clearly capture.

Rick had a Gerber DMF in earlier seasons, and the production has used other Gerber stuff, so my guess would be another Gerber model.

Rick had a Gerber DMF in earlier seasons, and the production has used other Gerber stuff, so my guess would be another Gerber model.
yeah I just looked it up. It's a DMF. you'll need to look around though, the DMF comes in a variety of blade styles and it looks like Rick's using a drop point straight edge, no serrations, no grooves, which doesn't appear to be exactly available on Gerber's site. There's one with a groove, and it looks like that's the best you're going to get unless you can find an older model without one.

I contacted Gerber to see if they could verify it and they didn't recognize the blade and asked for more pictures so they could help but I can't get anymore good pictures of the blade or handle.

Well something has been eating at me all day... the lock release on the handle looks like it's in the center in your picks, while the actual knives have the release closer to the spine... I'm wondering if these pics are showing a stunt knife?

see now in this pic, Rick's holding the DMF folder modified clip point http://www.gerbergear.com/Knives/Folding/DMF-Folder-Knife_31-000582

c1cbbab9d5785ea68d16c1c6ea8cc0fa.jpg

That's the one he seems to be most associated with... he also used this one around season 2(same model but with a tanto blade)

The-Walking-Dead-Rick-grimes-pocket-knife-from-Gerber-3.jpg
Ok I had to stop in the middle of writing this.... I've looked everywhere, and unless it's a discontinued model, it looks like they stuck a different blade in a DMF handle for that shot... the closest overall to THAT knife that I could find is this http://www.gerbergear.com/Knives/Folding/06-Combat-Folder-Fine-Edge_30-000462

otherwise the other two knives I've shown here ARE screen accurate for Rick.... *whew*

Rick's holding the DMF folder modified clip point
Not modified; stock.
Clip.jpg

In production pictures is the automatic version, while in the series seems to be the regular one.
Definitely not the one in the first two scans.

I've got really good news everyone! I did some digging like hardcore digging at 4 AM. and I have finally identified Ricks knife.
It appears to be a "Southern Grind Bad Monkey" knife. I can't find exactly his finish of the blade but they have a option to make one so I did my best and here is the build your own blade link. It is however a little pricey but I'm glad we found it. :thumbsup
http://southerngrind.com/build-a-bad-monkey/?blade=Drop-Point&handle=Black&finish=Tumbled-Satin
BLACK-HANDLE-SATIN-DROP.jpg

I know I didn't make this post but I would like to thank everyone for their research and your part in helping:)

Attachments

• BLACK-HANDLE-SATIN-DROP.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 2,081
No worries. I spent the better part of an hour and a half looking through so many Gerber knives for the blade shape in that pic TaylorPearce posted only to find out that the knife that he was looking for wasn't even a Gerber! lol. I guess that's why we're all here, lol

Dude I spent weeks surfing through millions of pictures of knifes and then one very early morning I finally found it only to find out that its 4x more expensive than Ricks old Gerber.

Hey! so ive been trying to find the knife that rick uses in season 5 and 6, Thanks if anyone could help! :)
4 years late but I believe it is a Southern Grind Bad Monkey

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back