Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

Messing around with weathering on these wraps.

770abe7f593372bab103d3a6363e6551.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just replied to your PM but for everyone else.

Army shelter half for the green like boba fetts cape.

Brown is duck cloth

White is cheese cloth.

Got the sling put together with pretty accurate hardware.

9bac8ab6c81cdb2c86d8e666b5665615.jpg

I got my slings from a place on Amazon. Same with the lobster clasps and the slider from etsy. I bought enough for a couple. I'm helping a friend with his daughters also.

Also his price for the sling and such is pretty unbeatable...even having some material on hand I spent quite close to what his price is for the upgrade on his staff.

Last edited:
Fett 4 Real, what kind of slider bar did you use? The one I got ended up being too small.

- - - Updated - - -

Everything looks great!

Here's the head wrap I got sewn together this weekend using the dharma fabric. It still needs to be dyed and the length will need to be trimmed after dying. About 1/2 of the length of the lower part needs to come off. I decided to bring in the upper part that ends up around the head to avoid having it too bulky. Really happy with the outcome on this piece. First "garment" I've ever done with a sewing machine.

rey-head-wrap.jpg rey-head-wrap2.jpg rey-costume-head-wrap.jpg

Last edited:
Okay as said you guys ROCK, I cosplay all the time I am Vader when I do. I really am enjoying this thread so I went and bought me a Ray its no costume but this is as close as I will own one. This is one cool costume. Thanks....JimPicture 810.jpgPicture 811.jpgPicture 812.jpg

A small update on the Boots Arm Wrap front:

I've spoken to my contact in UK, and she has ordered a case from the company direct, rather than driving all around trying to gather them up.

As soon as they hit my door, I will be contacting you all on the list for your addresses so I can send you your FREE arm wraps. :thumbsup

NOTE: This is FREE.

ALSO, there is no money involved.

In ADDITION, it's Pro Bono.

In OTHER WORDS: You don't have to pay.

PLUS, it costs nothing.

AND, you get them for less than a song.

(Do you think I shouted that message loud enough...? :lol )

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the head wrap I got sewn together this weekend using the dharma fabric. It still needs to be dyed and the length will need to be trimmed after dying. About 1/2 of the length of the lower part needs to come off. I decided to bring in the upper part that ends up around the head to avoid having it too bulky. Really happy with the outcome on this piece. First "garment" I've ever done with a sewing machine.

View attachment 619180 View attachment 619181 View attachment 619182

I may just take the side seams in on my head wrap a bit more in the "neck" area as you've done here. Mine does get a bit bulky there, and it shifts around on my shoulders alot with the backpack straps running over it. I wonder if slimming the "neck" would help on both fronts?

Good show!

Last edited by a moderator:
I may just take the side seams in on my head wrap a bit more in the "neck" area as you've done here. Mine does get a bit bulky there, and it shifts around on my shoulders alot with the backpack straps running over it. I wonder if slimming the "neck" would help on both fronts?
Yeah, I made a mockup of it first with some junk fabric and it just looked too bulky up there on her. I suspect removing some of that material would help with your issue. I'm moving toward ordering that amazon bag for the backpack, so I might know more about how it sits after I get to that part.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back