Revell X-Wing Conversion

It's true. However, Revell seem to offer maybe 3-4 different scales of the standard TIE at all different prices; what's up with that?

I think you may find the pocket TIE is roughly in scale with this.

So, with Revell now making three sizes of TIE fighter and X-Wing, surely there should be one more Falcon kit in the product range: studio scale or larger like the new X-Wing.

I think you may find the pocket TIE is roughly in scale with this.

So, with Revell now making three sizes of TIE fighter and X-Wing, surely there should be one more Falcon kit in the product range: studio scale or larger like the new X-Wing.

I may have a look into the pocket TIEs in that case. How big is the new X-Wing release then? I heard something about 1:48 I think..? It would be really nice to see a new, larger Revell Falcon, hopefully it would be improved over the current EasyKit version and be miles cheaper than a FM version; I don't know though...I kind of doubt that they will release a larger version.

I may have a look into the pocket TIEs in that case. How big is the new X-Wing release then? I heard something about 1:48 I think..? It would be really nice to see a new, larger Revell Falcon, hopefully it would be improved over the current EasyKit version and be miles cheaper than a FM version; I don't know though...I kind of doubt that they will release a larger version.

Aren't the Revel EasyKits kept deliberately "low detail" according to LFL requirements? Seeing as I live in Europe I'd love to see some Star Wars kits as detailed and accurate as, say, FM kits, but without cumbersome ways of acquisition.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

The new X-Wing, due October, is quoted as 1:30 scale (but with Revell that could mean anything).
I've read that the pocket TIE is bigger than the Fine Molds kit!

Aren't the Revel EasyKits kept deliberately "low detail" according to LFL requirements? Seeing as I live in Europe I'd love to see some Star Wars kits as detailed and accurate as, say, FM kits, but without cumbersome ways of acquisition.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

I don't mind simplified detail: it provides scope for improvement. I just wish it wasn't all molded into the hull. A few detail inserts would make a big difference.

The new X-Wing, due October, is quoted as 1:30 scale (but with Revell that could mean anything).
I've read that the pocket TIE is bigger than the Fine Molds kit!

Revell's scales seem to be all over the place by the sounds of it. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose!

I'm not sure what LFL requirements are, but from my experience, although not being the finest detail in the world, the Revell kits are certainly very respectable for their price range. With some additions and a fine paintjob, they come out very well. I do agree with you that we ought to have some better kits in the EU, importing FM kits from Japan and the USA is a little frustrating

Finished photos!

tumblr_mp8197E2Yq1rvpchho1_500.jpg

tumblr_mp81cvizFp1rvpchho1_500.jpg

tumblr_mp81g7TVFg1rvpchho1_500.jpg

After seeing what you managed to do with this I bought one cheap from Tesco (only £9:50). It's smaller than I expected which makes your paint job even more impressive.

It looks like the Pocket TIE pilot is approximately the same scale as this X-Wing (1:57 scale), but the Pocket TIE Fighter itself is spot on for 1:72 despite being quoted as 1:110 scale on the pack.

After seeing what you managed to do with this I bought one cheap from Tesco (only £9:50). It's smaller than I expected which makes your paint job even more impressive.

It looks like the Pocket TIE pilot is approximately the same scale as this X-Wing (1:57 scale), but the Pocket TIE Fighter itself is spot on for 1:72 despite being quoted as 1:110 scale on the pack.

Thanks man! I didn't even realise that Tesco sold model kits at all, £9.50 is quite a bargain. Are you sure it wasn't the pocket version though? This is the 'normal' size, it's still disappointingly small though.

Revell's "scales" are all over the damn place :wacko

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back