Revell - Fine Molds - paragrafix 1/48 Tie fighter build

Hello Again.

After some time being lazy with this... (summer time) is time to go back to work and finish this

I removed the masks, applied some decals, and gave some layers of satin coat, the photos below show some temp fit, the front frame and the upper hatch are still not glued, í'm also thinking in using some clear plastic sheet for the canopy glass, but i'm worried if it will be a problem to see clearly the inside, will make some tests to see how it looks.

By the way, these revell decals are real garbage, i don't know if it's usual with this brand but they are very fragile.

IMG_3117.JPG

IMG_3119.JPG

IMG_3116.JPG

IMG_3109.JPG

As i said in earlier posts, i was not happy with the black wing area, not shiny enough, so i decided to mask it again and paint directly with gloss black plus a coat of clear smoke from Tamiya, so it will have some brown reflections and give some nice contrast (i guess) with the bluish color of the hull.

IMG_3124.JPG

IMG_3126.JPG

masking the blue frame of both sides of both wings has been really tedious and complicated, i don't want to do it again anymore :cry , hope the final result will be worth it.

cheers

Nice job! That masking looks like a real headache but was necessary due to the repaint process... the weathering looks like pastels, very subtle.
Regards, Robert

Thanks guys for following.

Well, model is done, but game doesn't end here, i'll do a couple more posts showing the making of the stand and display case, i'm not going to use the stand that comes with the kit, i always prefer to do something that visually is not part of the model so it doesn't attract the attention.

Also that way i can hide the wires and connections better, my plan is to make switch to the base so i can turn on/off the cockpit lights.

but for now this is how it looks, i still not glued the upper hatch but everything else is done, i finally used some very thin clear plastic sheet to make the window glass, the thick piece that comes with the kit distorts too much the interior, whit this mod everything is more clear.

Enjoy it.

IMG_3695.JPG

IMG_3697.JPG

IMG_3703.JPG

IMG_3704.JPG

IMG_3708.JPG

IMG_3699.JPG

IMG_3693.JPG

Last edited:
Re: Revell - Fine Molds - paragrafix 1/48 Tie fighter build (FINISHED)

Hello Again, i just wanted to post some photos of the last steps and end this thread, i can consider this definetly done.

As you will see i finally decided to leave the hatch closed, (not glued), i abandoned some initial intention to do some kind of semi-diorama integrated in the acrylic case, but i decided not to work any longer in this model, also it has been a long way since i started it and in the process i discovered some interesting facts, like the upper hatch is more like a eject window, and the real pilot access is behind the ship, however i don´t think even ILM has this clear, have not seen any image or diagram or image about this and even in the new movies we never can see how pilots enter in the ties.

Anyways the doubts are big, and since i´m not making any diorama i always prefer to see the ship like a whole thing as you usually see it in the movies, and whenever i want to remember or show what i did i can take out the upper hatch. Strange i know, but i don´t regret at all to do that extra work inside, it also very nice to see from the front window, more when i turn the lights on.

anyways... move on, i show here some pics of the result, i also made the stand, and the case, i like to do everything, i have invested in the right tools time ago and it´s very nice after all the work done to give to the model a nice room where to live ... forever :p

thanks for watching, i´m not uploading many photos about the case building but if anyone have questions let me know.

IMG_3726.JPGIMG_3741.JPGIMG_3748.JPGsoporte03.JPG

IMG_3819.JPGIMG_3821.JPGIMG_3824.JPGIMG_3828.JPGIMG_3835.JPGIMG_3838.JPGIMG_3810.JPG

There is an old saying in America, 'A clean desk is a sign of a sick mind' You sir are sick....In the best way possible! It came out great.

Re: Revell - Fine Molds - paragrafix 1/48 Tie fighter build (FINISHED)

THAT is a VERY professional looking display casy and sign!

First rate work overall!

Thank you for sharing!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back