Replicating fake postage for a prop package

APropOr2

Hi everyone!

I have a fun Christmas gift idea for my wife where the gift I give her will arrive in a fake package. But I want the package to look like it's traveled ALL OVER the place. Different countries, states, cities etc.

Does anyone have any good current 2023 reference or resources to help me find the correct postage to fake this prop?

It doesn't need to be perfect - I just keep don't want vintage postage, which is what I keep finding when I try my searches.

I think this can be a fun project - I just thought I would throw it out there to see if anyone can assist. :)

Thanks so much everyone!!

-CH!

If you search for "postal cancelation stamps" online and then look at "images", you may find what you are looking for. You might also add stamps like "Return to Sender", "Not at this address", "Please Forward", to convey why the package went to so many different places. You may also want to "distress" and weather the well travelled package.

If you were going for a more vintage look, where the package was lost for many decades you can search for "steamer trunk labels"

I like your idea and may try it myself.

If you search for "postal cancelation stamps" online and then look at "images", you may find what you are looking for. You might also add stamps like "Return to Sender", "Not at this address", "Please Forward", to convey why the package went to so many different places. You may also want to "distress" and weather the well travelled package.

If you were going for a more vintage look, where the package was lost for many decades you can search for "steamer trunk labels"

I like your idea and may try it myself.
This is right on the money! - Thank you SO MUCH! I knew it was just a keyword issue. I think this is exactly what I need. And you are 100% on banging up the box a little bit. I plan on printing a few of these out and taping them all over one of the many boxes we have. Really appreciate the help! I will try and post the final result :D

This is right on the money! - Thank you SO MUCH! I knew it was just a keyword issue. I think this is exactly what I need. And you are 100% on banging up the box a little bit. I plan on printing a few of these out and taping them all over one of the many boxes we have. Really appreciate the help! I will try and post the final result :D
I guess your idea really hit my "create" button. I did not want to keep hitting you with more points, but I kept looking at ideas for myself. I did image searches for "misdirected mail" and "damaged packages". The misdirected mail added a "Lost Mail Office" stamp, and the yellow stickers the USPS adds when you do a change of address and they forward the mail. Great reason to add a previous address and why the package has bounced around. The damaged package images gave me lots of ideas of how take the range of weathering from distressed to destroyed.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back