Replica Lynda Carter Wonder Woman costume

clayslinger

Hi All,

This is a project that was commissioned by a costume collector and friend of ours.

It's been a blast to see come together. As a young guy, I was a fan of the "Show". ;)

My wife Lynne is a former Hollywood costumer and trained pattern maker. The gal she learned how to make corsets from made Elvira's costumes so this was something she could really have fun with.

This is a replica made to Lynda Carters measurements at the time. Our client had an amazing amount of well correlated reference put together so we could hit the ground running.

We had a custom dress form made to build it on.

It has hundreds of hand sewn beads and a built in corset. The inside is just as impressive and I'll get photos the next time it's off the form.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the photos.
All the best,
Chuck...

Last edited:
Great Work!

Now to find someone who can wear it properly.

attachment.php

Nick

Awesome as always Chuck.

I saw Linda a few years ago and I think she could still wear it.

She looks better than ever imo and is a kind Lady as well.

Thanks so much Guys!!!

@apollo, It seems everyone has great things to say about her when they meet her in person. That's really nice to hear. I hope to have the pleasure one day.

@Greg, Thanks buddy! Lynne has a blog, sewingcafewithlynne.blogspot.com .
There's more on the construction of this and other projects she's working on there.
Gotta warn you, hanging out with Lynne is addicting!! ;)

@Nick, Thanks for the photos! Always great to see how the costume should be filled out!

All the best,
Chuck...

Nick, those pics make my pants feel funny.

I mean is there anything sexier than a tall, busty superhero woman with knee-high red boots on?

Oh and clay, great job!

Very cool costume. I could never pull it off but it's still awsome. Now if they'd only do a movie so we can see a film version!!! Get on it Warner!

Fantastic workmanship, the attention to detail is top notch, I'm actually surprised to see how much detail work went in the original costume.

GFollano

Thanks Guys!

@GF, that's my thought exactly. Looking at photos it's just a shiny shape but seeing it in person it has a much more dimensional, armored look with some nice Vegas show accents.

Indeed, if the right gal was chasing me wearing this, I'd stop dead in my tracks to be arrested without a doubt!:lol

Amazing work!
My girlfriend has been wanting this costume for a while now, but I've been dreading it, knowing how much work goes into it!

Thanks Guys!!

@Jinyo, the amount of time on this is considerable.

Lynne would spend her evenings beading this. Her eyes would get shot beading on the reflective gold surface.

Chuck...

Do I see correct, are all the white stars on the shorts embroided and is it a one piece, or belt/top/pants seperate?

GFollano

Hi GF,

The stars are appliquéd on the shorts. Not embroidered.

The original costume is a one piece (top and bottom) all of the time from what we've seen.

There is at least one suit that has a removable belt.

Most of them have the belt sewn on from what we've seen. The one that Lynda Carter has in her collection has the belt sewn on.See photo.

Ours is a one piece as well with the belt sewn on.

I don't recall if there was a costume made of separate pieces on the show. I could be wrong but I don't recall it.

Chuck...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back