Red? Some V3 tinkering!

ralphee

Sr Member
OK well heres the embryonic phase of my Hero build on Mikes V3 kit!

The canopy has been shaved away to remove the trim, just need to refine this now!
Ive also started work following Juliens lead on building accurate Hero cans from the Saturn V.

Build plans include

Fully accurate plexi/styrene Hero wings with hollow recess areas.
Saturn V parts used throughout.
OE revell turkey feathers and Aavid heatsinks.
Brass cannons as per ILM builds.
ILM style alloy armature featuring functional S foils, and all mounting points.

So its going to be a long one, but a fun one alongside Jasons work on Blue Leader (this will rock lol)

Once we have an armature a lot will happen, but for now, im sure our group will share the progress on building the wings etc.

lee
SalzoV3003.jpg

SalzoV3008.jpg

SalzoV3010.jpg

SalzoV3011.jpg

SalzoV3004.jpg

SalzoV3007.jpg

Once more, a huge thank you to Mike Salzo, for offering us all this amazing kit!

:thumbsupYes that's a fine job here !
I think this is the first time someone is building the engine cans the right way !
Thanks for the find bro !

:thumbsupYes that's a fine job here !
I think this is the first time someone is building the engine cans the right way !
Thanks for the find bro !

Julien... are you doing one of these as well? I would love to view yours and Lees! :D

Agreed on the engine cans. :) We just thinned the walls of mine. ;)

Yes Kurt i'm doing one as well but I just get my second Saturn kit this morning. :) And now I'm waiting for my fuselage from Mike. :)

Well it will take some time so dont expect seing in before a few weeks/months. :lol

Cant wait for this one bud, & Julian I recommend we have a Miss (X-wing) World competition when they're all done. No donor parts for my Red 3 but I'm hoping to re do some Body & wing detail before the paint starts next week.

Yes Kurt i'm doing one as well but I just get my second Saturn kit this morning. :) And now I'm waiting for my fuselage from Mike. :)

Well it will take some time so dont expect seing in before a few weeks/months. :lol

SWEEEEEET! This is going to be AWESOME!!! Both you and Lee building these birds! Just.... AWESOME!!! :D

Julien... no worries about time my friend. I well know how long it takes to get international items through Customs at times. ;) Your work is worth waiting for! :D

Lee... I can't wait to view more of this beastie build! :D

SWEEEEEET! This is going to be AWESOME!!! Both you and Lee building these birds! Just.... AWESOME!!! :D

Julien... no worries about time my friend. I well know how long it takes to get international items through Customs at times. ;) Your work is worth waiting for! :D

Lee... I can't wait to view more of this beastie build! :D

Lol I wasnt clear Kurt ! :lol Hopefuly I should get the parts very soon from Mike, I was meaning the building itself would take some times :D

If you want it to be really accurate, you'll need 70s vintage Saturn V kits. The differences are fairly subtle, but noticeable enough that I can see that you're using the re-tooled kit...

If you want it to be really accurate, you'll need 70s vintage Saturn V kits. The differences are fairly subtle, but noticeable enough that I can see that you're using the re-tooled kit...

Please let me know what are those differences because I'm using a vintage kit and I cant see any difference ?

Bro i have a vintage too, and a couple of Smithsonian re tools, and i cant see either, i must be getting old and my eyes are failing!

lee

Bro i have a vintage too, and a couple of Smithsonian re tools, and i cant see either, i must be getting old and my eyes are failing!

lee

The snap fix tabs just inside the intakes are different, the nubs on the engine bells are shorter, and all of the detail is slightly crisper. I posted pictures showing these differences to the Yahoo group in Jan 2004.

Ok Ive noticed the pins were shorter on the engine bells but I cant see any difference on the snap fix tabs ? :confused Anyway thanks for the infos !

Jan 2004, way before my time, i was building Lego back then TBH, but thanks for the info.
Guess ill need to get into ILM too and bag a real deal armature, as anything machined in the here and now...wont be accurate....man life just stinks, im gonna go end it all!

lee

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back