Red Hood and the Outlaws

Looks awesome so far, but his nose seems a bit flat in your model. I don't know the character, but in your reference he's got a bit more of an upturned tip.

Cheers man, I'm happy with the nose how it looks and it is drawn so many different ways in the comic. So in a round about way, there is no right or wrong way. This is my interpretation of the comic :) good old artistic licence.

If I could offer a suggestion

This is as close to right as I have ever seen so far, but I think your just a little off the mark because the eyes don't show any sign of his domino mask. Thats a big part of the mask in this artwork, and in a few others.

Other than that and a little fine tune of the mouth, having the scull lines run all the way back behind the head like they did in Batman RED HOOD would allow for the helmet to open in the back like iron man for easy in and out... you got it!!

Here's a quick version of what I mean. Changing the shape makes him meaner in expression also.

858844_4991115853903_1244131417_o_zps6a1f594c.jpg

If I could offer a suggestion

This is as close to right as I have ever seen so far, but I think your just a little off the mark because the eyes don't show any sign of his domino mask. Thats a big part of the mask in this artwork, and in a few others.

Other than that and a little fine tune of the mouth, having the scull lines run all the way back behind the head like they did in Batman RED HOOD would allow for the helmet to open in the back like iron man for easy in and out... you got it!!

Here's a quick version of what I mean. Changing the shape makes him meaner in expression also.

858844_4991115853903_1244131417_o_zps6a1f594c.jpg

Hey man,

Thanks for that heads up, I actually didnt know his eyes were based off the Domino mask. I wish I had known at the beginning. I centered the main shape and design on this image of the Red hood.

tumblr_m0zmo6GL941r6wfw4.jpg

Time is ticking so wont be amending the detail much more as this all needs to be finished by May. If I plan to go back and amend will be sure to show :)

In KR's artwork, he draws them very bat eye mask like aka Domino mask.

In the animated movie, same thing, his eyes share a lot of the same details as his eye mask when he was robin

but in the artwork your follow (Rocafort) there is a strong presence of eye mask in his helmet so I hope you will follow that if its not to late

tumblr_mie8j9x5No1qki57ko1_500.jpg

I'd love to see you do very very true to the art and make the helmet around the eyes very very domino

version2_zps33cd6970.png

I also changed the mouth a little more to be ttrue to the KR design

Damn... You really got me thinking now. Is there any interviews or anything about the new 52 design I can read?

Thanks for that heads up bud, really appreciate it.

Does it mention why he doesn't really wear a domino mask any more?

realize that design is original to the character, it has nothing to do with the new 52 arch (which I'm not a fan of)

Kenneth is friends with my friend so I'll ask him to ask if he knows, but I'll be you have to ask someone else because I'm pretty sure that the domino mask went away before Kenneth took over

but don't quote me on that one as I'm not a reader of ever arch, I mainly love the Under the Red Hood and Kenneth's artwork.

If I were you, I'd go with the design you love and not some short lived arch version because it won't be long before Superman is back in tights instead of armor. And Jasons look has only been refined since inception so your free and clear to make him look like whatever you like based on his several defining artists.

and I'm sorry for making you think, god knows no one needs anything like that on a Monday!

crap, I forgot to add... it would be amazing to mix media's on the jacket.

The zipper tabs/ cover armor could be very easily accomplished using 40 shore urethane
so it will flex the same as the jacket but still look like metal/armor.......

its a great way to enhance the jacket so it doesn't just look like an off the rack leather jacket

little things like that are what take costumes out of the cosplay field and into the
"I'd put that on camera"

to do that with Jason, that would mean using TDK style torso armor......with individual armor pieces making up the chest

Haha no worries buddy, I am always open to ideas and suggestions. Wish I had posted this earlier. Then the mask could of been refined a bit more in the eye area.

I would love to have a urethane style torso, money isn't on my side at the moment. This is also why I have done the dye sub, with my love for Nolan, you can see influences in the design I have done. :)

Thanks for a the info, really interesting.

I also intend on adding the metal bits to the jacket. Not sure on the pants yet though!

it would be more fun in my mind to take the TDK style armor pieces and change them slightly to look more like Jason's armor, since that's obviously what Kenneth did. Also because it would be your take on things instead of re-purposing the TDK pieces

So have you already sent the model in for printing?
Because the eye sockets don''t need to be changed at all, just the helmet eyes.
If its off to the print.... ummmmmmmmmmmmmm nevermind!~ LOL

made a couple more changes to soften the profile, trying to mix organics with the geometrics as cleanly as possible..... that's a lot easier in a pencil drawing compared to doing it in 3D like your doing

redhoodconcept2_zpsd62a5d14.png

Last edited:
This can't work for that JD. Batman Beyond should never be a static helmet, it needs to be an organic and geometric based cowl. Sure you could mish mash this into a Beyond cowl but its going to look just like ever Beyond cowl out there and to date IMHO, no one has it right.

But your welcome to try and heres what it might look like.

beyond_zpscd8c33bc.png

Last edited:
Well pretty happy how its turned out, goin to leave it as is.

If I do come back to anything, it will be the torso. I would like to eventually have an urethane version of what I designed.

There's always going to be room for improvement in even the best pieces imaginable... so no worries there, you could revisit this 100 times and make tiny changes to make it more accurate or more to your liking. Hell I'm 8 years into making the perfect Panther Batsuit and it's only this year that I think I'll finally be happy with what I have built.

Because of the style, I could see you using that EVA foam that guys use to make armor out of so that your armor is 3D instead of just a printed fabric~ That could give you an effect on a budget

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back