Rebel Moon

I hope I enjoy it, I need something new to watch.. thought now thinking… I don’t have internet at home right now lol

My friend really likes “Alice in boarder lands” she’s got me hooked on that right now
Alice was really good, I enjoyed that show thoroughly. But what does it have to do with Rebel Moon? Alice was a Japanese production and I don't think that Snyder was involved with it at all.

The choreography looks pretty wild. Apparently Sofia Boutella did most of her own stunt work; she's formally trained in ballet, hip-hop, and gymnastics

The choreography looks pretty wild. Apparently Sofia Boutella did most of her own stunt work; she's formally trained in ballet, hip-hop, and gymnastics

Yep, I was trying to remember where I saw her before...she was the assassin with blades for feet in Kingsman: The Secret Service.

Now the gymnastics make sense, right? ;)

She was in a strange I guess horror movie with dancers called Climax. The opening shot of which is impressive but I didn't care for the movie. But I also noticed her in the background of Michael Jackson's final project movie. So she's the real deal with that sort of thing.

But the only movie I've seen her in is that absolutely terrible Mummy remake / attempted reboot. And we know what happened with that.

Got my coffee. Got my surround sound plugged in. Got my recliner adjusted. Got the windows blacked out. Got my blanket & a dog in my lap. Opened Netflix to watch REBEL MOON...

Doesn't premiere until 10pm tonight.
IMG_20231221_090922.gif

So, has anybody watched it yet? My Netflix sub is currently lapsed, waiting for that RPF reaction!

I watched it. Quick response would be it feels like a kit bash generic scifi script that steals from starwars/marvel. The visual design was bland, the action was boring and low quality compared to other snyder movies. There are no cool scenes I have to go back and rewatch.

Basically it felt like a script made using a chatbot mixing characters/scenes from guardians of the galaxy and star wars.

Snyder is already saying that the director's cut is a longer and different movie. I'll just wait till both parts are finished in whatever final form he makes.

Also, he is still talking about yet another version of Sucker Punch. Which is shocking to me after two versions and the director's cut only made that movie worse. I'm guilty of having a Sweet Pea statue and the Making of book but still that story is all over the place and feels wrong in many ways.

I watched it. Quick response would be it feels like a kit bash generic scifi script that steals from starwars/marvel. The visual design was bland, the action was boring and low quality compared to other snyder movies. There are no cool scenes I have to go back and rewatch.

Basically it felt like a script made using a chatbot mixing characters/scenes from guardians of the galaxy and star wars.
I lost count of how many things were taken from other movies - and that was just the first 45 minutes or so. Toss in poor effects, poor dialog, and 2D characters and there you go.

I'll give it this, it definitely gave the impression of a 'part 1', but the problem is, it seems like it's part 1 of 10 or something and part 1 had no story arc. In short, if you set out on a premise of 'defending the village', you should end your flick before you actually get back to the village. Speaking of which, I swear i've seen that basic end scene before.

Oh, and wtf is with all the slow-mo? I swear, that has to be a record for most slow-mo shots in on movie, nearly all of which were pointless.

Man I really wanted this to be great. It was just okay.

It’s … kinda exactly like what it felt like… Battle Beyond the Stars….

I watched Battle Beyond the Stars a lot as a kid because I just wanted more Star Wars, and that was close… but I deep down knew it wasn’t very good.

30 years later and I’m watching a really expensive version of the same movie… trying again to be Star Wars but failing… watchable but again not great.

Good thing there’s a pretty human on screen to distract my brain… and not that weird accented Charlie Hunnam… Kora is a smoke show! A boring, sweaty smoke show

But yeah.

It’s fine.

Kinda hilarious that every person they’re looking for gets to display why they’d be an asset. Didn’t just walk in on someone taking a poop… “oh this is Jedi lightsaber woman… one sec she has to fight a spider…”

Tho I guess that one captain guy was just sleeping…

I need to eat more edibles before the next one.

And I really should refocus my editing career on trailers… it truly is an art. So much better than the actual flicks. The trailer for this was amazing

I got “WAKANDA FOREVER’ed again!!!

There's never going to be 'A new innovative take on a space opera/adventure'.....

EVERYTHING has been done, so therefore EVERYTHING now is a variant.

However I was totally surprised how much I enjoyed Rebel Moon. Sure its got lots in common with other shows/movies (see above) but it's got a little of it's own vibe happening, to make it visually engaging and the story line holds some interest even though the characters and dialogue are tried, proven but tired.

I look forward to the second half.

I LIKE IT.PNG

It was about as good as what Syfy used to put on Sat. nights, IMO. People kept comparing it to SW, but to me it was trying very hard to be like The Chronicles of Riddick, except they didn't have cool villains. I will point out that the main character (Cora?) was well written and her abilities made sense, unlike Rey because they set up who she was. It took like 5mins to tell her background JJ/Rian...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back