Rebel Moon

I have to ask: Is Battle Beyond The Stars worth watching? I mean, I’ve heard people refer to it, and am already familiar with the boob ship from references by other people and from the Sense of Scale documentary, in addition to knowing a couple of familiar actors I know being in it. I also heard it’s a “so bad it’s good” and probably one of the better Star Wars rip-offs that exist.

It’s a lot of “B-Movie” cheese (George Peppard and The Man From U.N.C.L.E. guy give pretty bad performances that are indicative of “I’m only here for the money”)

But—the highlights are the effects and miniature work by James Cameron and the soundtrack by James Horner.

Last edited:
It’s a lot of “B Movie” cheese (George Peppard and The Man From U.N.C.L.E. guy give pretty bad performances that are indicative of “I’m only here for the money”)

But—the highlights are the effects and miniature work by James Cameron and the soundtrack by James Horner.

I recommend checking it out, although it starts very slow.

Thanks for the replies. I’ll give it a shot. I get this won’t be a great film, but I know this is from Roger Corman, so I at least know what to expect. And Cameron’s model work was impressive for Escape from New York, so I’m interested to see how it looks here.

I have to ask: Is Battle Beyond The Stars worth watching? I mean, I’ve heard people refer to it, and am already familiar with the boob ship from references by other people and from the Sense of Scale documentary, in addition to knowing a couple of familiar actors I know being in it. I also heard it’s a “so bad it’s good” and probably one of the better Star Wars rip-offs that exist.
for Me, it’s in the same category as The Black Hole. I recognize it’s flaws, and would never call it a “great” film, I find it fun to watch every so often. If nothing else, it’s worth it for to awesome score and surprisingly good model work for the time.

for Me, it’s in the same category as The Black Hole. I recognize it’s flaws, and would never call it a “great” film, I find it fun to watch every so often. If nothing else, it’s worth it for to awesome score and surprisingly good model work for the time.
I’ve got it on its way from Amazon. Look forward to checking it out. :)

It was a dumpster fire of epic proportions. Just poorly implemented. And characters were stale as chips that been sitting in the sun for a year.
Magnificent seven in space. Mag 7 film was able to complete so much. Rebel moon just seem like a hot mess

Not a masterpiece. Lot of copy-paste, and I mean A LOT. Did he pay the owners of Turok: Dinosaur Hunter for borrowing their character?

I'm waiting to watch this until the Director's Cut hits Netflix. I thought the Snyder Cut of JLA was terrific, especially as compared to the godawful Joss Whedon version. Kinda hoping this one improves as much. At the very least, I'd like to see what he really had in mind.

As always with Snyder he goes way overboard with his trademarks and predictability. I did enjoy elements and particular scenes. There's a lot of untapped potential in his work which is why I keep watching his films. With that said I don't think theres been a single film he's made that I've wanted to view a second time. I doubt that will change but if it does, awesome.

So, is there supposed to be a director's cut of this coming out? I enjoyed Snyder's cuts of BvS and Justice League. Disinclined to watch this one until that point.

Rebel Moon. A messy shallow story, without originality and with two dimensional characters, which bored me to death. Made me roll out my eyes in slo-mo, just like the movie does with so many scenes...

I don’t like to complain about movies I wasn’t into, but this one hurt.

I watched that first trailer so many times.

I really wanted a new Star Wars… for it to hit me like Dune did a couple years back

Ah well…. Come on Dune 2! Stick the landing!

Cuz I dunno if part 2 of this Rebel Moon will even be worth watching.

I don’t like to complain about movies I wasn’t into, but this one hurt.

I watched that first trailer so many times.

I really wanted a new Star Wars… for it to hit me like Dune did a couple years back

Ah well…. Come on Dune 2! Stick the landing!

Cuz I dunno if part 2 of this Rebel Moon will even be worth watching.
Dune is something else. Rebel Moon looks like it was made by drunken blind monkeys in comparison

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back