rebel blockade runner question

Dragontomb

Hello I was going to build a studio scaled version of the blockade runner and I was wondering if anyone knew what kits were used to kitbash this piece.

I want to start collecting the models needed while I work on my ROTJ luke's lightsaber. This will be my first star wars scratch build (my only other scratch build is a warhound titan).

Thanks Ryan.

Aurora Sea Lab III gives alot of donor parts for the Blockade Runner.
The back section has alot of 1/35 Panther G's. I believe they are Tamiya or maybe 1/48 Bandai. Haven't looked at that one real hard yet.
Good Luck.

I've been IDing the ship for a few years now... you'll need a ton of Bandai 1/48th kits, and a half dozen Sealabs!

Working with some Japanese friends on it - some cool progress:

08.jpg

27.jpg

But nothing really "turn key" right now. And I can't post what's been worked on, as it's not all mine to post. But expect to spend 5 to 10 thousand... like a studio scale Galactica, basically.

Hello and thank you for the responses. I'm changing the scale for the blockade runner. Maybe I'll try a larger scaled version another time. Based on my measurements it will be half the size of the studio version (90cm across). I'm using some blueprints I found somewhere on this forum. Where does one find the sealab model (I've searched e-bay to no avail, this model seems to be very popular on star wars kitbashing)?

Ryan.

Depending on Chris' final price it will *still* likely be cheaper than a 1/2 SS scratchbuild, even if it's into four figures (which I'm sure it will have to be).

You can find it on the Modelers, Magic, Mayhem, MumboJumbo site.

PS but don't let us put you off if it's the scratchbuilding itself that you're after, rather than the "just having a model" part!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back