4- X-Men First Class
5- The Watchmen
6- Superman
7- Dark Knight
8- Batman Begins
9- Blade
10- X-Men 2
11- Kick Ass
12- Batman (Tim Burton helped Batman go from Adam West to Chris Nolan)

I would say Man of Steel is comparable to DareDevil. It is an entertaining movie, and worth seeing, but not the characters finest hour.

thread-necromancy.png

1- THE AVENGERS
2- Iron Man
3- Captain America: The First Avenger
4- Thor: The Dark World
5- The Watchmen

I'm almost certain Guardians of the Galaxy will impact this list.

WORST:
1- man of steel
2- green lantern
3- fantastic four
4- fantastic four: rise of the silver surfer
5- reserved for fantastic four reboot

Scott Pilgrim vs. the world. - He counts right?, i mean dude fought for his girl, kept the band together..Seems like a hero to me. Had more powers than the kick-ass crew. chalk it up!

1. The Avengers
2. Captain America: First Avenger + Winter Soldier (I consider both films part of a singular arc)
3. Iron Man
4. Dark Knight
5. Donner's Superman
6. Spider-Man 2 (Rami)
7. X-Men
8. X-2
9. Batman Begins
10. Spider-Man (Rami)
11. Thor
12. Watchmen (strange thing about that film - it used to be in my top 5 when I first saw it but, for some reason, doesn't hold up to repeated viewing as well as I'd expect)
13. Dark Knight Rises

Surprised X-men isn't higher on peoples lists consider how much that movie had to do with Comic book movies going from either low budget B-movies, or else stylized art pieces to become solid bankable blockbusters that studios are willing to lay down actual budgets for.

1. Iron Man movies (w/RDJ as Tony Stark) - he was the perfect actor to portray my favorite superhero...I was bummed they cut out the scenes that would've been a little truer to character...and they've really shied away from him being an alcoholic.
2. Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy
3. X-men series-with wolverine origins.
4. Hell Boy
5. Captain America the newest two.
6. Thor 1+2
7. Edward Norton's Hulk
8. The Avengers (I really didn't like how little of a threat it took to get all of them together...The threat in Thor 2 was much bigger and Thor handled that himself)
9. Spider-Man trilogy w/Tobey MaGuire (Yea one of them had some lame parts but the suit more than made up for it)
10. The Rocketeer.
11. The Green Lantern.
12. Kick Ass 1+2
13. The new Spider-man Movies.
14. Michael Keaton as Batman
15. Tim Burton's Batman.
16. The most recent Superman.
17. Batman Forever.
18. Superman Returns.
19. Fantastic 4's
20. Batman and Robin
21. Catwoman

I haven't seen a whole lot unfortunately :/

The Avengers
The Dark Knight
X Men 1
Iron Man 1
Captain America 1
Thor 1
Watchmen
X Men First Class
Hellboy 1
X Men 2
Spiderman 1 or 2
Superman

Everything else either sucks or I have not seen enough times to rank fairly.

Did you not see the other two or did you just not like them?
Personally I preferred Don Cheadle over Terrence Howard as "Rhodey"

Facepalm*
I can't believe I forgot to put V for Vendetta in my list!
I did but I only really liked Iron Man 1. I didn't put V in my list because I personally don't consider that one a super hero movie. :)

I put the Rocketeer in my list and V is more of a superhero than Cliff Secord. With having survived Larkhill and all that mess. I'd probably consider the Character of V to be more of a superhero than Batman. Although there really wasn't any sort of supervillain in the movie.

Well he definitely is super human and that puts him above Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark, but the movie was not done in the traditional sense super hero movies are done in. At least I don't feel it was. I like to think of it as being about else but that's just me. :p

Last edited:
As far as the impact they made on Hollywood and pop culture:

1. Superman (1978)
2. Batman (1989)
3. X-men (2003)
4. The Dark Knight (2008)
5. Iron-Man (2008)
Honorable Mention: Avengers (2012)

My personal favorites:

1: Kick-Ass
2: Spider-Man 2 (Raimi)
3: Watchmen
4: Hellboy 2
5: Avengers
Honorable Mention: Superman (1978) (I was a kid when this came out and it was PERFECT)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back