Ralph McQuarrie Y-Wing

Darth Homer

I haven't posted here in quit awhile I have been having a few computer issues. I'm back now and for my next project I'm going to do a scratch built / kit bashed version of Ralph McQuarrie's original design for the Star Wars Y-Wing. I found some pictures on line and decided to do it starting with a couple of pop cans for engines. I'm planning on making it around 1/32 scale so I can use the cockpit and pilot figure from a plane. I'll be posting progress pictures when I get started.

YWing_Planet_01_zps974b9339.jpg

ywing_flying_1_zps16743cf0.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the interest guys, I'm really looking forward to this build I like the WWII-ish look of the design with turret also. I'm currently gathering components together the two 8oz pop cans I'm using for the front part of the engines etc. I'm thinking about adding LEDs to the engines, cockpit and gun turrit if I can pull off the wiring. I'll keep you all posted on my progress.

Pretty sure the canopy was Spitfire on this one anyway, not sure on scale of the actual model, could have been the 1/24 Airfix, but it gives you some options for sure.

lee

I wanted to make one of these to complete my series, thanks for fleshing it out. I hope you don't mind if I use your renders for reference.

I wanted to make one of these to complete my series, thanks for fleshing it out. I hope you don't mind if I use your renders for reference.

I don't mind at all go right ahead, I just hope it turns out OK I've never done a full scratch build before. I did a combo scratch & kit bash awhile back but it was mostly a kit bash. This is a picture of it I called it the Interplanetary U-Haul Truck.

IMG_6331.jpg

I don't mind at all go right ahead, I just hope it turns out OK I've never done a full scratch build before. I did a combo scratch & kit bash awhile back but it was mostly a kit bash. This is a picture of it I called it the Interplanetary U-Haul Truck.

IMG_6331.jpg

Thank you.

Now that is cool!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back