QMX New Releases: Trek, Stargate, DW, WH13 PICS PG.2

Oooh... I'd better go quick find out what kind of garden hose nozzle the original used; I want my turn to be outraged.

You only have 51 posts. You are not allowed "outrage".
You may have: "mild indignation".

Once you reach 100 posts, you can be: "pretty tired of this". with just a hint of: "really annoyed".

And once you have 500+ posts, (apparently) you can completely make up stories, libel people and companies, and rip other members mercilessly with no repercussion at all. :lol (See the TOS for additional information.)

But if you post in the wrong thread. You WILL get an infraction point :lol

SD, Where does "irked" fit into the post count theorum? above or below "peeved"?

My sainted mama used to say that "you cant even watch a pissing contest without getting some on you"

Davies 1910AW has no setscrew, you'll have to type it in.

Skirted Knobs on Davies Molding LLC

Well it's clear you discovered the search engine on the Davies site...

So where do you get one? Are they brown? (I know you claim they can or might make them in brown but that would require a custom run likely) And I have to wonder how you mount it :lol :rolleyes Heck since you have clearly demonstrated that it's an obscure knob as best that is going to be nearly impossible to source short of contracting a custom run... It's more and more likely that the originals used cast copies, or there is the remote chance the prop guys ordered a custom run or found a stash of this obscure part in brown at their local flee market and grabbed a handful...

I have no idea how to mount such a thing. Thats why i didn't even think they made a knob with no fastener, maybe it's for a custom setscrew. On the color thing, they state that it's a "slight increased price" to do them in color.

Last edited:
You only have 51 posts. You are not allowed "outrage".
You may have: "mild indignation".

Once you reach 100 posts, you can be: "pretty tired of this". with just a hint of: "really annoyed".

And once you have 500+ posts, (apparently) you can completely make up stories, libel people and companies, and rip other members mercilessly with no repercussion at all. :lol (See the TOS for additional information.)

But if you post in the wrong thread. You WILL get an infraction point :lol

Hahahahahahahah! I think we need to post that in the official rules for joining.

Idk much about Warehouse 13 and seeing the pics of it, and what it should look like or whatever, those details don't bother me that much. I think they did a great job!!!!

Can't wait for the Phaser!!!!!

I have to wonder how you mount it :lol :rolleyes

Well, lots of knobs on music equipment are simply pressed on. Maybe it's not a Davies and they just took it off a vintage stereo or something. Lots of brown knobs back in the 70's...

As far as the Phaser goes, I heard that fireworks were running low in China for their new year so they needed to hold them back to use as a substitute. (Chinese new year also apparently delayed the Mule models until MARCH but who knows what they would use those things for?)

Well, lots of knobs on music equipment are simply pressed on. Maybe it's not a Davies and they just took it off a vintage stereo or something. Lots of brown knobs back in the 70's...

Yeah seen plenty of push fittings, but phenolic knobs don't really lend themselves to push fit (zero flex) without some sort of spring clip, or 'D' hole and neither are indicated on that knob... I'm guessing more of a ultrasonic install, on a toothed shaft if it's just a plain hole, but even then phenolic isn't the best substrate for ultrasonic fitting either... Maybe a press fit over a split shaft, or it's simply a generic option they offer for the OEM manufacture to modify to their specific needs...

... May I be Verklempt?

For, if I may, I'd like to be.

It would be nice to hear that QMx will go ahead with the rest of the set, so I can replace those weird little playmates comm and tricorder. With the exception of Sporak, nobody's even taken a wack at the 2009 pieces.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back