Punisher Short Film - Dirty Laundry

Re: Punisher: Dirty Laundry

oh crap it's already up here, my bad. didn't mean to make a thread for something thats already got one.

I liked the pacing and build up, but his lack of motivation to take action when really needed still bothered me. Another thing that distracted me was the music, wish it was something more original.
Still a great short film.

Thanks for the link Noeland

I can agree with that, his not jumping to help them bothered me but i figure he was trying to change and not be the punisher. All in all an amazing fan film and i definitely hope i can see another feature length Punisher movie with Thomas Jane

From the RAW boards:

Q: What was the deal with Frank Taking so long to act?

Thomas Jane: good question. the idea was, Frank is trying to take a breather after one particularly hard mission - which has forced him to blow his hideaway and lose everything - again. something that Frank is pretty used to by now.

he's managed to escape relatively unscathed, but all he's got left is a .45 or two. he's got to rebuild his life all over again.

he's stolen a van and parked it on a forgotten street in the ghetto, where he climbs into the back and gets a few hours of much deserved sleep. Morning comes and he decides he might as well wash the blood out of his uniform, and put something in his stomach.

his day hasn't even started yet when sure enough, trouble finds him. again.

the last thing he wants to do is get involved with some street punks war party.
capiche?

Also thought I'd share this one with you guys too, since it made me laugh. Someone asked who choreographed the fight:

from Phil Joanou:

Yours truly choreographed that fight in my bedroom!
Andy (Cheng) came to help wrangle the stuntmen and keep it crisp...
But every hit was worked out at the foot of the bed with my wife saying "what in the hell are you doing?!" and me saying "I'm killing eight guys with a bottle of jack Daniels!"

Not kidding...!

If anybody wants to see the whole discussion, Tom is in there posting a lot, as is Tim Bradstreet.

THE PUNISHER: DIRTY LAUNDRY - Raw Board

Never saw any of the movies, and my only exposure to the character is via 80s crossovers with Spider-Man, but I did like this short. Well done. This is just a me thing, but I don't particularly enjoy watching brutality. I know it's essential to the story and the entire concept, and the bad guys pay, but a little goes a lonnnnng way for me.

Quibble: he never washes his clothes. He puts them immediately into a dryer!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back