Prometheus (Post-release)

How can he hate it with every fiber of his being if he doesn't listen to it?

You'd be surprised how much a writer can expose their ignorance and arrogance when they talk about a film. The Abrams Star Trek commentary track was very informative in how the writers didn't know how to write these characters outside of the typical "friendship through combat" trope. Listening to Damon Lindelof just trying to explain what was going on through his head when he re-wrote this turkey will be a pleasure. Assuming he doesn't spend the whole time showering Ridley Scott and everyone else with praise like he did in the Star Trek commentary.

Seen the movie yesterday and I´m impressed. Rapace and Fassbender did a great job and I would really like to see how their journey with the engineer´s ship goes on. I hope there will be more of this in the next years.

hi, when I first saw this film I had to admit I was disappointed with the jumps in the story.. no debate at the start of the story, no planning stage or any drama with Preparation, its all seemed to rush to the planet and when there it was "daylights waisting lets go"... I think after a two year journey you can wait a few hours while you asses the risks in rolling up at the front door of an Alien structure and saying HELLO!!!.

Yes it was poor in the way the story was told but I don't think I have ever watched a film that has made me question my life as much. It has made me think about human history.. I cant go in to details because I have already had a warning from RPF about my thoughts on this matter...

BUT......... I think its a CLASSIC of a movie, if the DVD fills a few hold and the second fill takes us to hell, the third one can bring us back and I will be a happy bunny..

Alien was a hit but not for the story, that came years later when it was accepted as a work of art, the shocker was Kain's birthing seen.

The Engineers are so cool with all that mystery of what killed the station off?, why were they running away?, who or what chopped the head off the last runner?...

Don't say the door!!!, big doors don't chop heads off the crush them!.

and who is doing the worshipping in that temple of there's? Aliens or Engineers... If Aliens turn out to be the creators of all life that will be a shock.

It would be nice to have the first three directors from the original series do the next three but I guess James is to busy to do number "2"
I really liked Prometheus and I think it will get better with time....
Prometheus_by_MiguelColucci.jpg

The Engineer speaks? Knowing Damon Lindelof, the Engineer probably didn't speak in english, and most likely what he said was not intended to be subtitled. I'm guessing the direction of that scene was "speak complete gibberish". Later on the editors probably asked "If the writers intentionally don't know what he's saying and the characters don't know what he's saying, what's the point?", which resulted in them realizing there wasn't one, hence why they cut it.

The Engineer speaks? Knowing Damon Lindelof, the Engineer probably didn't speak in english, and most likely what he said was not intended to be subtitled. I'm guessing the direction of that scene was "speak complete gibberish". Later on the editors probably asked "If the writers intentionally don't know what he's saying and the characters don't know what he's saying, what's the point?", which resulted in them realizing there wasn't one, hence why they cut it.

Did we ever find out if David could speak their language? Or did the Engineer just hear a bunch of bull and (to quote someone else) PUNCH!

I'm guessing in the deleted scene, David will translate for us. Something like "what the heck? How did you little buggers get here??? You sneaky little b......s"

And no, I can't see the footage above :(

Did we ever find out if David could speak their language? Or did the Engineer just hear a bunch of bull and (to quote someone else) PUNCH!

I'm guessing in the deleted scene, David will translate for us. Something like "what the heck? How did you little buggers get here??? You sneaky little b......s"

And no, I can't see the footage above :(

According to the writer, David did speak the language correctly, telling him that they did not mean any harm to him and that Weyland came all the way to see him.

We heard there was more to the conversation beyond the line that David spoke in the final film. I really hope there's a translation for this at some point.

Well, he does sounds a little like this. At least we know what David told him in this scene. I guess the Engineer is calling Weyland a selfish fool for wanting something that's not obtainable and goes off on the biggest "guilt by association" motive for wanting to destroy humanity.

It's available on I-tunes in HD today with some extras.

Hmm. Naw. If I had to watch it again, I'd rather have it with all of Charles' work on it. Even though the time he had to work on it was short in comparison to his other projects, he says it's the best work that he's done to date.

It looks like the alternate confrontation between the engineer and Shaw was intended to show a little bit of compassion in the engineer when he looks at the display of the girl playing the violin. Like maybe we aren't worth destroying if we can enjoy the art of music like they do since the engineers use music for important tasks. Also note how the Engineer's face isn't half burnt like it was in the actual movie.

The more deleted scenes I watch, the more it feels like the film had all of these interesting setups that could have worked, but they removed all the payoffs. Even some cases being that they show they payoff but deleted the setup.

Cant wait to get the Blu Ray in my hands and check out some of that sweet 5K resolution it was shot in and fingers crossed, some nice "extras" pics of the flame thrower.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back