Prometheus: flashlights, knives and other found items

Well that's the question now... IS there a Sure-Fire (or other brand) that looks like this but which has the flat ribbed end rim?

If so, that could be the actual prop.

K

Crenelated bezels are popular with tactical flashlight makers, allows the user to use the flashlight as an improvised weapon but I've heard that the TSA sometimes frowns on them.

Anyhow, back on topic, anybody else found any other found item finds?

Maybe I know for a while on certain models of Sure-fires you could switch out the crenalited to flat.

Well that's the question now... IS there a Sure-Fire (or other brand) that looks like this but which has the flat ribbed end rim?

If so, that could be the actual prop.

K

So I guess our options are, (1) a different model or brand was used in the film, or (2) this is the flashlight but the bezel was swapped out or modified.

Research continuing.. apparently what my flashlight has, is called a "strike bezel" (probably because you can hurt people with it :lol )... so now we need to find a flat bezel as a replacement part... :confused

Something like this looks about right, but it's a bezel for a rifle-mounted light

LEUPOLD-MX-200-LED-Flashlight-Bezel-28mm-Alumina-Filters-64570-Pic2.jpg

Well the Gerber Ripstop is used prominetly in the film by the geologist (Pictured above with mohawk) to cut an alienesque eels head off thereby killing himself with the acid that projected from the creature.

Bro you know that's a spoiler right? Thanks..........:behave

Well the Gerber Ripstop is used prominetly in the film by the geologist (Pictured above with mohawk) to cut an alienesque eels head off thereby killing himself with the acid that projected from the creature.

See wasn't that easy?

Last edited:
Need some help with the belts they wear on the suits. They look like blackhawks or cobras, but not too sure. Also, the pouches on them..Do these exist or were they created for the film and does anyone know what could work for the light saber looking thing on the right side/back of the belt? I know that's actually a battery pack or receiver that is used to power the suits/cameras in real life..but wonder what the heck it is.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back