Predictions for the new Avengers movie

Another prediction:

A Female Avenger will save the day, becoming more powerful and effective in combat that every previously seen.

i'm not sure if even whedon could top the brutal murder of hawkeye's wife and kids from the ultimates comics. that was shocking and hard to read. i really hope this movie is as gritty and raw as the ultimates was. it's rare for me to enjoy a retelling of classic characters but i loved those comics.

i predict this movie will happen and it will be good. (please be good)
(please?)

I don't really have a prediction, but "T" predicts pain:sleep
you_made_mrt_cry.gif

screenhunter_03-dec-10-1329-1.jpg

Last edited:
Really? I thought Toy Story was pretty good.

Toy Story would be the one exception but it's not like he was the only one working on it. The only reason I still like it today is because it doesn't scream JW to me like all the other stuff he's worked on. Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse, Astonishing X-Men, not impressed.

Last edited:
Tara. I never watched a lot of Buffy but from what I remember, that's how the whole "Jossed" thing got started. Also, Fred on "Angel" was pretty f'ed up. They do it in Dr. Horrible also, at the end w/ Felicia Day's character.

EDIT: Kitty Pryde in his Astonishing X-Men run could also be included, even though they're bringing her back now.

Basically, it works like I described it. If he doesn't kill them, he has them leave in one form or another. Sometimes he eventually does both. Other examples:

SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN HIS STUFF:

Oz in Buffy -- he and Willow are having a good relationship but he leaves because he has to get his werewolf side on himself -- and as soon as he comes back, Willow's involved with Tara. Cordelia's ascension JUST as she's about to confess her love to Angel and as he's about to confess his to her. Tara, as mentioned. Riley ends up leaving just as Buffy's rushing to tell him she loves him. Anya at the end of Buffy, just as she and Xander seem to be sort of patching it up. Jonathan (minor character) just as he's finally saying he's let go of all of his animosity towards folks in high school (literally mid-speech on that one). Doyle just as he finally kisses Cordelia when they'd sort of had a thing going on. Ms. Whatshername on Buffy -- Giles' girlfriend -- just as she promises him a "pleasurable evening" or somesuch. Buffy's mom just as she's beaten cancer and had a good date with a new guy.

I mean, it really HAS become cliche. You see really happy people on a Joss Whedon show -- ESPECIALLY a couple -- you'd better start looking for stray bullets, flying lumber, or falling anvils. Oh, and he broke up Cordelia and Xander by having Cordelia fall on a piece of rebar (although she survived). Like I said -- cliche. It's actually my least favorite element of his work because it's so predictable now. It was edgy in the 90s when shows didn't do that, but now it's become old hat.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back