Predators - Royce Costume

Today was a good day. Time to start mocking up the rail!

zC3yqe4.jpg

i wonder if you could just over lay a tube or pipe just barely bigger than the stock barrel. it would extend it and not do any permanent altercations to the rifle. it could be held in place by the rail block.

I'm working on that as well. I think the best course of action would be to turn down some PVC pipe so that it slips into the end of the existing outer barrel. I'll have to do a bit of explorative surgery, but it certainly can be done. The existing barrel is only around 1mm thick! There is clearance with the 3 inner barrels to slip another tube inside of it.

Very nice ReisMakes! Am assuming this is the Tokyo Marui AA-12 ... can I ask were you ordered it from please? Mine's been on back-order since Jan 16th from a Hong Kong site - WGC [boo them for keeping me waiting!].

I'm planning on doing a wood mock-up also and then looking into casting or milling options.
One thing that might be helpful to others re the rail - http://longshotmanufacturing.com/products/longshot-m-lok-picatinny-rails-for-all-ars

Yes that is the Marui AA-12. I got it through a contact in the UK airsoft industry. WGC are known for taking too many preorders on occasion! Other than that I have used them numerous times without a hitch.

I'm preparing to build a micro forge to cast my own in aluminium. The cost of the forge is less than a solid aluminium billet! I can melt down scrap to the correct volume instead of wasting a large amount of the metal in the milling process. I should have a wooden rail mocked up in maybe 10 days. In the mean time I'll be setting up!

Now have the vertical torch grip, sling mount & sling for my AA-12. Closer and closer! Also placed an order for the shotgun panels and drum pouch which came in waaaaaaaay overbudget thanks to the 3GunGear problem.

Last edited:
Yes that is the Marui AA-12. I got it through a contact in the UK airsoft industry. WGC are known for taking too many preorders on occasion! Other than that I have used them numerous times without a hitch.

I'm preparing to build a micro forge to cast my own in aluminium. The cost of the forge is less than a solid aluminium billet! I can melt down scrap to the correct volcume instead of wasting a large amount of the metal in the milling process. I should have a wooden rail mocked up in maybe 10 days. In the mean time I'll be setting up!

Now have the vertical torch grip, sling mount & sling for my AA-12. Closer and closer! Also placed an order for the shotgun panels and drum pouch which came in waaaaaaaay overbudget thanks to the 3GunGear problem.
YEH....well there was a 3rd option but his price was more the John Wildes....make sure to tell him to add the tape around the seams on the panels....He doesnt normally do that because of the way he assembles his gear. Its VERY well constructed though!

YEH....well there was a 3rd option but his price was more the John Wildes....make sure to tell him to add the tape around the seams on the panels....He doesnt normally do that because of the way he assembles his gear. Its VERY well constructed though!

I have him making it from the pattern he used for yours! Only adjustment being the removal of the middle molle row on the drum pouch. His lead time is pretty good at the moment, so I could possibly have the pouches before the rail. We'll have to wait and see.

I've got some aluminium tubing ready to extend the AA-12 Barrel. I can turn it down to an interferance fit, whilst keeping it removable. I have enough tube to make a pair of them. It will be a case of trying to colour match the paint on the Marui. I'll make the rail to cover up the entire existing barrel so it won't be as immediately noticable.

does anyone know the lead time on wildes customs? ive had mine on order for about 3 weeks, im patient but was just wondering. hopefully they are made like Fetts. if and when i get the TM AA12 and need to make the front block i may just have to use the styrofoam cast technique and extend the barrel with PVC pipe. also, does anyone know where to get their hands on a rubber machete and tops knife? i can think of a way to mold them but if there was a viable option i rather take that.

It took 4 weeks for mine....The Machete...Art Andrews cast a bunch a while ago...I got one from a friend of ours who no longer needed it...as far as the tops knife I dont think there is anyone out there who's cast it in rubber or anything for that matter...I did like Art and bought a real one. It bolted into the sheath and wont move...a rubber version would be interesting to paint....What are you doing for the Machete sheath?

If i can get the dimensions on the tops knife then i can make a crude foam version to make a mold and go from there same thing with the machete. as for the sheath i may just cut out some leather and airbrush it the camo colors and add the black strap.

Oh my, I just received my order of pouches and shot shell panels are superb! To anyone else who ordered from wild custom gear is in for a treat! They all matched in color with my vest. The knife panel has a nice insert with it perfect for the tops knife and gives it that "puffy" look. The drum pouch is nicely done and stitched perfectly with a nice sturdy zipper.

over all I am very satisfied 10/10

(edit: forgot to mention that John from wild customs included 10 malice clips with the order)

Last edited:
Oh my, I just received my order of pouches and shot shell panels are superb! To anyone else who ordered from wild custom gear is in for a treat! They all matched in color with my vest. The knife panel has a nice insert with it perfect for the tips knife and gives it that "puffy" look. The drum pouch is nicely done and stitched perfectly with a nice sturdy zipper.

over all I am very satisfied 10/10
Glad you like it, I got mine and was blown away...had to send it back since he didnt add the tape to the panels but John rushed it back to me as I was leaving for Korea....and the turnaround was 4 days....great to deal with. I told him that he'd have more people eventually lol.

Fett 4 Real on your AA12 when you applied the vinyl camo pattern, what size sheet did you order? i may be in line to get a replica and need to know an amount to cover the rifle and pistol grips on my 1911. also, on the weathering portion, how is it that it comes out "yellowish" or stained?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Fett 4 Real on your AA12 when you applied the vinyl camo pattern, what size sheet did you order? i may be in line to get a replica and need to know an amount to cover the rifle and pistol grips on my 1911. also, on the weathering portion, how is it that it comes out "yellowish" or stained?
I didnt order anything....the sheet was from the gentleman who cast it...Morganthirteen....he had it laying around from Arts.

I used a burt umber paint to get that color...and some brown and black...

JAEGER Great to hear that the gear is up to scratch! As if I wasn't already eagerly waiting for the postman...

I'm finalising the drawings for the outer barrel as well as the rail. I should have the rail in wood by next Tuesday ready for a test fit.
Have to shop around with some engineering firms for a good price to have it turned, as I lost my access to a metal lathe.

Last edited by a moderator:
So i just purchased a replica AA12 from morganthirteen, super excited now that i have that step to look forward to. So im wondering which paints to use on the rifle? should i use a flat dark grey and a flat silver? those are the two only colors i can see on the rifle.

I plan on a TM AA12 purchase in the future when they become more plentiful, the hype has gone down and the drum mags come in stock. this way ill have the rifle for airsoft and safety at cons with a none working replica.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back