Post your batman suits

Re: The Dark Knight Returns/ Jim Lee cowl WIP

fda_zps11b702ca.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg
IMG_0671.jpg
This is my first attempt at the Batsuit. For the cowl, this was my first attempt at sculpting, molding, and casting in latex, sprayed with plastidip. The cape was pleather. Gauntlets are foamie sheets. It's not perfect, but for my first time on all of these things (along with this being my first pull of the cowl), I'm pretty happy.
(Funny enough, this turned out a lot more like Detective 27 Batman, AND I'M SUPER OKAY BY THAT)

Hey JokerJosh, I would highly recommend Mod podge for your gauntlets and some kind of extra design so its not so plain (take the Batman begins gauntlet route). Mod podge strengthens the foamie so it wont tear easily and allows you to spray paint on top of it. in speaking of spray paint, you can use regular black paint or what most MIY people use is plastidip. It helps alot for the rubber look and adds another protective coat!

Hi, I'm a new poster, but I've been lurking for a while. Huge Batman fan. Here's the suit I came up with for this Halloween and "Batman Day" at my local comic shop:
Batcave.jpgBatman Hatter.jpgBatman Bane.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Atomic, that Origins suit is amazing!!

Here's mine first atemt.

Enviado desde mi SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 usando Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384813410441.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384813410441.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 352
  • uploadfromtaptalk1384813443198.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384813443198.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 346
  • uploadfromtaptalk1384813484418.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384813484418.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 382
Thanks! The cowl is Jester FX Jim Lee version. I made the belt. It's leather with functional pouches and brass buckle. The yellow is a tad bright IMO, but would be perfect for a blue comic batman.

My post was originally meant for wreckeddiehard's Arkham suit but having had a good look at yours, Lt Bully, the statement fits there too. Good work!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back