Pokemon GO

So it is not about Pokemon but about gathering visual data that project GoogleEarth was not able to? I guess the imagery of your surroundings is reuploaded to a server, analyzed for geometry data and then the Pokemon is created, huh? Where´s my aluminum Falcon foil hat when I need it ...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...n-go-maker-says-google-access-error/86980070/

In a statement emailed to USA TODAY, Niantic Inc. says the app "erroneously requests" full access to the player's Google account when logging in with their Google credentials through iOS, Apple's mobile operating system. Niantic says they are working on a fix, and Google will reduce permissions required by the app.
"Pokémon Go only accesses basic Google profile information (specifically, your User ID and email address) and no other Google account information is or has been accessed or collected," reads a joint statement from Niantic and The Pokémon Company. The statement also notes Google has verified no additional information has been received or accessed.

Last edited:
Apparently the Westboro Baptist church is marked as a pokemon gym in the game and they're not happy about that at all lol

You made me not only feel old, but you made me too curious about this game so I had to install it. I really hate you guys.

Caught a four pokemon already. Since my office is in a small medieval town the pokestops and arenas are in very very picturesque locations. I love it. I am totally amazed even by the small amount of information about all the stops. It looks like they really datamined the global photolibrary, since one pokestop right next to my office is located in a very small alley and was represented in the game via a photo of a memorial plaque for a local author. I never paid attention to that plaque, which is kind of sad that this app made me aware of it.

I think that Pokemon Go is the geocaching of the digital age and generation.

We can only hope that maybe it'll get the kids playing it interested in the more historical areas they're setup in.

We can only hope that maybe it'll get the kids playing it interested in the more historical areas they're setup in.

Living in a small town in the south, there are quite a few Civil War historical markers, and they seem to be all PokeStops. Loving my exercise!

Also, trading is coming soon!!!

http://www.androidauthority.com/rej...ons-reportedly-coming-pokemon-go-soon-703000/

On a side note, I installed the update yesterday but couldn't sign back in for approximately 8 hours... It was awful! So in the interim, I started an account using an old gmail account and used the easter egg and got Pikachu. So now when trading comes along, I'll swap him into my established account.

It's really amazing how many people are playing this. In the middle of nowhere Watertown, Wisconsin, i saw 20 people standing around a Veterans Memorial park that is usually empty, playing the game.

I'm getting close to level 10.

A lot of the pokestops around here are art pieces and charity shops(which is cool).

Loving this app!

So, I got sucked into this. I downloaded last night and when I was creating my trainer, I went to name her after the main character from my first series of novels... only to find it was already taken, which was pretty cool!

I've gotten to level 3 and have 4 pokemon... all of which spawned either in my living room or in my backyard. LOL.

One of the guys at Funhaus was just mentioning that he liked that so many of the stops are historical areas or art peices, he finally saw a mural that was mentioned on the game that he'd walked past a lot but finally noticed above him.

I agree with you, but it's an algorithm choosing the landmarks. I would think with enough pressure they will start removing certain places like that.

My usual day at work... A big fat nothing!

IMG_3458.PNG IMG_3460.PNG

My understanding is that pokestops are placed at landmarks and locations where large numbers of people gather, which is why there are a ton of them that are churches. I mean... Ground Zero in New York is one.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back