Pic from Toy Fair of Force FX Dooku and Obi TPM Sabers!!!

Ok guys - because I have WAY too much time on my hands (not really, just tonight) I went ahead and tried to do a Dooku FX/LE size comparison. I held my LE above an FX stand, and tried to get the same angle as the pic of the FX. I then sized the pic of the LE so that the stands in both pics were the same size. The angle came out a little different, but aside from that, it should be a pretty good indication of how they will compare. Looks like it wont be too oversized, I'm surprised. And the angle of the LE was pointing further away from the camera, so if anything, it should actually be even closer in size than it appears... you guys be the judges:

dookufxlecomparison1.jpg

dookufxlecomparison.jpg

Could be worse.

Also, just noticed but the spike (or whatever the hell the thing is under the blade) looks to be chromed. You can see the seam line. So at least that bit will be plastic.

I held both..they were really nice. The dooku was surprisingly well made. It was straighter than I thought, but it has to hold the blade..I never held an LE though. Obi was a nice thin tube..not as bulky as I thought it would have been.

I wish they'd up the price on the FX lightsabers so they could make them a little more accurate sized. Probably will pick these up when they get into the bargain prices. Used to be fanatical about these sabers, lol.

Hmm..I wish that they'd at least make most of it out of metal. I have the MR ESB vader, and I feel that out of all the FX sabers made, that this one felt the most durable and REAL. The other's I've held really felt like cheap plastic IMHO.

But then again, the dooku is looking nice, better then expected. Obi-wan TMP as well

And I agree, though I love the QGJ saber, an FX version would have to compromise the grips and end up a horrible mess.

I don't know about that. I've got one of the original Rubies Qui-Gon Jinn sabers (NOT the oversized abomination they sell now), and it's not that bad. The open area between the grips is simply filled in by the necessary tube to contain the "innards". I don't think that quite qualifies as a "horrible mess".

I don't know about that. I've got one of the original Rubies Qui-Gon Jinn sabers (NOT the oversized abomination they sell now), and it's not that bad. The open area between the grips is simply filled in by the necessary tube to contain the "innards". I don't think that quite qualifies as a "horrible mess".

That's the horrible mess I'm talking about. Part of what makes Qui Gon's saber so unique and what gives it so much personality are the grips. Fill them in and you get a toy like look to it.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back