Phaser 1 Kit Buildup plus MM P2 Restoration

Re: John Long Phaser 1 Kit Buildup plus MM P2 Restoration

I'll second that. I bought from him before and he's very responsive and his parts are excellent. I just ordered his Wand replacement handle after seeing the one SpacerOne had. It takes the Wand phaser into Master Replicas territory.

Really interesting! I see you put a gloss coat on your handle. It looks a bit darker than the Wand one. Any way you could put a spritz of bronze on a piece of paper or something to compare to the Wand?

asalaw will this do?:confused No flash was used on the camera.

bronzecolor_zpsaa47261a.jpg

Perfect! I think that sticks a fork in it - the Rustoleum really is a dead-on perfect match! I'm so excited! :) :thumbsup :cheers

Thank you you so much for indulging me in this. :)

It takes the Wand phaser into Master Replicas territory.

How can you even say that? The MR Phaser was a disaster! Even out of the box the Wand Co Phaser already looks 10 times as good as the MR version that was so unbelievably inaccurate! MR had a great prototype (with a hole in the P2 and a pin going through it to keep the handle firmly locked as the only inaccuracy) but the production model wasn't worth paying $500.00 for it. Let alone buying it on eBay now for $1,500.00

I bought plenty of times from him using both checks and money orders with no problems.
I used paypal once also but it is best to ask him first. I know he likes to have extra time to have his work
finished on his parts and stuff before the payment gets to him. He's told me that a few times.
Anyway just ask him he is a good guy to deal with.

Thanks spacerone. I appreciate the info...

asalaw will this do?:confused No flash was used on the camera.

bronzecolor_zpsaa47261a.jpg

Beautiful match. Exactly what Rustoleum Bronze is that? Do you have the name type and number. It's usually on the label with the barcode on the bottom. Can't seem to find in the earlier comments.

Interesting news...

I am going to start into the pistol in the next couple of days, and race the whole project to completion as fast as I can. My aspirational goal is to finish by year's end. However...

There's also going to be a side project running of my next handle, which of course will go much faster now that I know what I'm doing. It's going to be even more accurate because I decided to 3D print a better form for rolling the brass, which I'm doing literally right this minute in AutoCAD Inventor. And since I'm doing this anyway...

How would you guys feel about me making an accurate, custom Wand replacement handle? It would be the same brass handle you just saw me build, except with a steel base insert so it works with the magnetic stand, and it would weigh in the neighborhood of 4 - 5 ounces. Would you want one? I'm making at least two anyway (one for me and one for the person who's helping me out), so I'm willing to consider a run.

PM me if you're interested, please don't post here.

First 4 people to PM me with interest will get theirs for $125. Don't fret if you don't have it right this minute, these won't be available till the new year (I have to be careful to make sure they fit the Wand), and I'm not taking money up front.

Interesting news...

I am going to start into the pistol in the next couple of days, and race the whole project to completion as fast as I can. My aspirational goal is to finish by year's end. However...

There's also going to be a side project running of my next handle, which of course will go much faster now that I know what I'm doing. It's going to be even more accurate because I decided to 3D print a better form for rolling the brass, which I'm doing literally right this minute in AutoCAD Inventor. And since I'm doing this anyway...

How would you guys feel about me making an accurate, custom Wand replacement handle? It would be the same brass handle you just saw me build, except with a steel base insert so it works with the magnetic stand, and it would weigh in the neighborhood of 4 - 5 ounces. Would you want one? I'm making at least two anyway (one for me and one for the person who's helping me out), so I'm willing to consider a run.

First 4 people to PM me with interest will get theirs for $125. Don't fret if you don't have it right this minute, these won't be available till the new year (I have to be careful to make sure they fit the Wand), and I'm not taking money up front.

Would It include the tang nut? or just use the existing wand co screw?

As a reminder only premium members are allowed to sell on this board and those sales must be listed in the proper forum.

Interesting news...

As a reminder only premium members are allowed to sell on this board and those sales must be listed in the proper forum.
Thanks for the reminder, I'll take care of the membership tonight. Haven't done this before, so please bear with me -- I'm 3D printing my new handle form right now, and the shop closes in two hours...

Would It include the tang nut? or just use the existing wand co screw?
Tang nut. Just doing a bottom screw would almost defeat the purpose. :)

At the top, it'll be just like the Wand handle -- the proper screw to fit the pistol, plus two straight brass prongs that match the Wand ones (since the accurate curved ones won't fit the P2). At the bottom, it'll have the correctly sized tang nut fixed to the correctly sized allthread. You'll screw/unscrew the handle on/off the phaser by turning the tang nut, just as if you were opening up a real handle. The handle won't come apart, and the screw won't come out of the handle. Apart from that, it'll be exactly like my handle in construction and finish.

Tang nut. Just doing a bottom screw would almost defeat the purpose. :)

At the top, it'll be just like the Wand handle -- the proper screw to fit the pistol, plus two straight brass prongs that match the Wand ones (since the accurate curved ones won't fit the P2). At the bottom, it'll have the correctly sized tang nut fixed to the correctly sized allthread. You'll screw/unscrew the handle on/off the phaser by turning the tang nut, just as if you were opening up a real handle. The handle won't come apart, and the screw won't come out of the handle. Apart from that, it'll be exactly like my handle in construction and finish.

Awesome sauce! :thumbsup

Can we get the brass nut and butterfly buttplate and prongs on top that match the insert holes in the Wand P2?

Maybe a modified hubble gasket? Not asking for much am I? :p

eudwq_zpsc1fb082e.jpg

Beautiful match. Exactly what Rustoleum Bronze is that? Do you have the name type and number. It's usually on the label with the barcode on the bottom. Can't seem to find in the earlier comments.

The label on the can shows it as 7272 DARK BRONZE METALLIC

Can we get the brass nut and butterfly buttplate and prongs on top that match the insert holes in the Wand P2?

Maybe a modified hubble gasket? Not asking for much am I? :p

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/pixelpics/phaser pics/eudwq_zpsc1fb082e.jpg
EGAD!! I forgot all about the gasket! Yes, it will come with a modified replica Hubbell gasket, just a bigger hole. For the wand screw and straight slots for the prongs.

I've already described the butt plate (hehe hehe) above, and it will be as you say. Correct butterfly hole, correctly sized tang nut, brass slotted screws, the works.

The idea is, when it's screwed on the phaser, it looks exactly like the original handle. Only newer. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

If I didn't know any better, after playing with the Wand phaser, and then going over and picking up my MR, it's like, "oh, this is the REAL one that the Wand version was based on," because despite all the flaws, the MR is such a nice solid chunka engineered metal. NOT toylike... Great thread, btw.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back