Phantom of the Paradise "Voice Box?"

Wow that's the find of the year! Got mine on order. Outstanding job, and thanks for sharing. You rock.

I had a major setback on my project today. With only 6 days until the event, I apparently fried my Hytechtoyz deluxe Cylon voice changer (which is the closest thing I've found to the Phantom). All I did was touch the battery backwards but that's apparently all it took. Back to square one on voice changing. With 6 days to go. I have the sound-to-light circuit ready, though.

Hytechtoyz customer service has been great and they are sending me a replacement voice changer. Here is the current state of the box with light kit installed:

20140618_233554-1.jpg

I'm not thrilled with the LED hotspots, but this will do for now. Ideally I would use LED panels like these:

http://www.frys.com/product/7250553?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

or these (if I can find them in red and blue or use plastic filter material):

Amazon.com: Cutequeen Trading 2PCS White 5050 48SMD 48-SMD LED Panel Dome Light Lamp + T10 BA9S Festoon Adapter (pack of 2): Automotive

But LED panels come with resisters built in, so I would have to figure out how to alter the existing sound-to-light kit or find one made for driving tiny incandescent bulbs.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back