Peter Mayhew, RIP :'(

This one was so very hard to hear...still in shock! So sad to hear of his passing, I couldn't believe it when the news broke.

Rest in Peace, Mr Mayhew...you will be missed by so many

FB_IMG_1556948432749.jpg
Another good pic I saw on facebook. So while I never actually met him one on one, I did have a really cool moment. Back in 2010, while at Star Wars Celebration 5, I'm standing there and there 2 people actually getting married there at the con....then I look to my left and theres Peter a few feet from me also watching. He then walks off. Me and this guy look at each other and were like, only here can you see a Star Wars wedding with Chewbacca watching.

Heres a pic from 2009.....wow, 10 years ago. Didn't have the money to get an actual pic with him, so I had my girlfriend zoom in and snipe this pic quickly. I thought I had lost this pic actually.

74.jpg

I'm getting old...all of my memories from ANH are brought back to the surface every time a cast member passes away...Rest In Peace Peter/Chewie:(:(:(:(

This was such a wonderful segment on his life. This one is hitting me really hard. You will be sorely missed Peter. Your kindness. Your generosity. Your love of the series and the love of the fans was felt the world over. Though I only met you a few times you had a sincerity that transcended being just a movie star. You were the real deal and we loved you for it! The Force will be with you Peter. Always!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back