Pepsi is making Pepsi Perfect? BTTF

Roll up roll up. So the bottles from Mexico have arrived :)

As I said, will be letting one of these go to all who have PM'd me.

I am just waiting on Roland screen accurate vinyl sticker to arrive as well, as you will also get that with it. Will do the draw Monday evening and let the person know in the thread and by PM.

Attachments

• BTF.jpg
    BTF.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 66
My bottle from Argentina arrived today.

View attachment 558908

Here it is lined up with the Mexican and US bottles. Please note: space left for @Gary Weaver II's bottle :D
View attachment 558910

Here are comparisons to the Mexican bottle. The MX bottle is on the left in these photos. The Argentinian bottle has a little tab on the lid so it locks in place (nice touch).

View attachment 558909View attachment 558911
View attachment 558913View attachment 558912

Wow didn't think was much difference until i saw them side by side. The lid and flap looks so much cleaner.

Thanks for the images [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
hi kevzie i also live in the uk and have been looking for the right paint to use for my lid......
ive seen this on e-bay not sure if its right or not what do you think? (Item number 171667079709) :thumbsup

Hey

Yeah that looks decent that actually
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448580350.847862.jpg

Still unsure of the exact colour though. Hoping someone knows the exact colour or as close as we can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new final bottles are going to be made from acrylic. So far the testing prototypes have turned out beautiful and allow me to really go all out on the potential side seams in regards to cleanup and polishing.

Gary

I noticed towards the end of the video when you pick up the screen-accurate PP, you slightly hit that ceramic bowl and it made a small ding sound. Is that bottle you picked up made out of glass? Because I don't think a plastic bottle hitting it would make the same sound. Very curious to know! :)

Just for information because I don't know the details. What's the difference between acrylic and PETG? What's better? Why the change from one to another? What was the original bottle made of?
I'm just curious about the details and the reasons of the change (I don't know the pros and cons, just asking) :p

EDIT: I saw some youtube videos talking about "acrylic vs petg" and as far as I understand the only "pros" regarding acrylic is that it's not affected by UV light or liquid over the years. PETG seems more durable and flexible, and acrylic is fragile (for example, it gets shattered in a million pieces if dropped or hit hard) and also gets some tiny cracks if not broken. Also, I wouldn't mind the seams because, if I'm not wrong, the original bottles had those seams on the sides of the bottles.
So, can you please tell me what are the benefits of making the bottles in acyrlic? (I think we won't have them in direct sunlight so UV protection is not a problem, and also, will have them empty, and if not, the PETG problem with UV & liquids is a problem that takes years to make it noticeable.
Maybe I'm wrong in this, and I'm not an expert, just saw a couple of videos explaining it, but I want to know your opinion on that.
Thanks a lot!!!

Last edited:
This is great, and I'm seriously hoping that Johnny Walker will follow suit in 2019 and bring out "that" Blade Runner bottle as an official line....

I'm pretty confident the original bottles were acrylic.

When end I started my run a few years ago the shop and I felt we'd get better clarity with the PETG since we were vac forming them - and we did... With the first batch. From there on out all the factory sheets of PETG appeared to suffer from issues with moisture in the plastic.

those moisture issues required us to look at alternative forming methods for the bottles and led us to heat forming with the female rings. Since we're were no longer vac-forming the shop tried a few tests with acrylic and the turned out beautiful. I liked PETG because it was a bit more resilient and less prone to cracking under stress. However,after testing and assembling these prototypes, there is little opportunity for the bottles to crack or be stressed.

the biggest difference between the two is the workability. I was pretty much stuck with whatever side seams I had for the PETG bottles. With the new acrylic ones I can sand and Polish the sides down so they are level and smooth. It's quite a bit more work, but is a vast improvement over the first generation replica.

Just for information because I don't know the details. What's the difference between acrylic and PETG? What's better? Why the change from one to another? What was the original bottle made of?
I'm just curious about the details and the reasons of the change (I don't know the pros and cons, just asking) :p

@Gary Weaver II. Will some of the new bottles be filled with a soda colored resin?

I'm curious about this too. I was gonna ask if the bottles could be safely filled with liquid without worry of leaking over time, but a non-liquid method to make it look full of Pepsi just for display purposes would be even better. I'd rather it look full like it was just purchased from the Cafe 80's, than clear and empty.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back