Pee Wee's Playhouse Scooter and Helmet

I'm going to start doing searches for Wilton products using keywords like wilton, pig, porky pig, etc. If I don't find anything eventually I'll search other brands.
Also, it's crossed my mind that another possibility is that the pig is a refrigerator magnet.
But I still think you're right about it being a cake topper like the clowns. Especially because of the bow tie thing.

I was looking closely at one of our higher quality images and I noticed something weird. Above the pig's sunglasses, I think I can see an eyebrow. I wonder if they just painted the sunglasses onto the pig in order to avoid a lawsuit from Looney Tunes. You know, to disguise Porky since he's such a recognizable character (if it is in fact Porky). If it is Porky, they might have done a few things to alter the appearance, such as using the clown's bow tie, painting on sunglasses, and maybe even adding a hat. But I don't think the hat looks like an add-on.

Here's a porky pig figurine with a similar Bow Tie. The tie is considerably smaller, but it appears to have the same sort of indent on the knot of the tie.
4951667.jpg

Last edited:
yeah usually even other week ill look through Wilton cake decoration on ebay. But still haven't found anything

The other thing I was able to find was conclusive. More speculation, plus it also had to do with more of the scooter then it did the helmet. The spiral bike radio on the handlebars has been bothering me. I came across this last night.

1992_huffy_radiobike1.jpg

looks simular as far as the placement of the speakers. But the color scheme and tuning knobs suggest it was made in the 90's. Therefore it couldn't be the right one.. Maybe they're are other older models.

As for the pig I did also consider it could be porky. But the nose looks alot more like Porko Rosso. As for the year book I ordered on from amazon. Thirty cents! So it a week or so I should be able to tell you if the pig is from Wilton or not. Today I'm gonna try to make the mold or the reverse cowboy.

When I read "reverse cowboy" I visualized something completely different from what you were actually talking about. Ever seen Meet The Fockers? haha

Hopefully the pig will be in the book. That would at least give us hope of finding it any time soon.

I think the pig coin purse has a overall Japanese quality about. Like a hello kitty style product.

I don't think the head was separate from the pouch in other words.

As for the pig I did also consider it could be porky. But the nose looks alot more like Porko Rosso. As for the year book I ordered on from amazon. Thirty cents! So it a week or so I should be able to tell you if the pig is from Wilton or not. Today I'm gonna try to make the mold or the reverse cowboy.

I agree that the pig looks like it could be Porco, but the ears aren't right.
Porco's ears are floppy. The pig on Pee Wee's helmet has ears that stand up like Porky Pig's ears do (one ear is hidden by a hat).
So it really looks like a cross between Porky and Porco.
It's got Porco's glasses and Porky's ears.

Porky's look has changed many times over the years, so I can't really say who's facial features it looks most like.

There's also a good chance it could be a knock-off of Porco or Porky.

If we had a clearer image it would be easier to pin point because if it's Porco, then there would be a mustache (even if it's been painted flesh color by the artists). But unless they put PWP out on bluray, I'm afraid we'll never be able to get better screen shots. Even if they do put it out on bluray there's no guarantee that the quality will be any better due to the original format of the show (older cameras, analog film, etc). The quality would be limited to what the original film looked like. I'm sure it would look slightly better, but I don't know how much better.

I came across this old bicycle radio.

VINTAGE 1950S BICYCLE HEAD LIGHT AM RADIO | eBay

now it doesn't really look anything like the other huffy radio I posted earlier. But what I noticed from one of the pictures It shows the bicycle boy sitting onto of something with two transistor knobs on either side of him. I'm just wondering if I'm looking at this in the wrong perspective.

1280nq.jpg

The radio doesn't look like the link you posted, if you get another shot of the scooter it might reveal something different maybe a radio tuner head or some sort of 50-60s control panel

There are really only a few pictures of the scooter, The screen caps as well as the few others already posted. If any more do exist, like promotional photos. They haven't come any of us, I know Ive looked.

As for the radio, even though it isn't the same. It did make me notice the knobs I over looked before. it seemed a lot more shallow then anything radio Ive come across. Except for the 1990 huffy radio. So it's hard to really gauge what it might be when there are only a limited amount of photos at this time.
All the radio turners seem clunky and big. That's why my first assumption was a bicycle radio.

Maybe it's not a normal bike radio. Maybe it's some sort of bike CB radio or one of those things that is like a CB radio but you can talk into the mic and it amplifies your voice. Or maybe it's a control board for the lights on his bike. It's impossible to know for sure just based upon the few images we've got.
But when I look at he pic with Kermit the Frog on his handlebars, I think I might see the microphone part of a CB radio hanging from the handlebars between Kermit's legs.
Pee_Wee_and_Kermit.jpg

But like I said, it's so hard to tell.

Lostcasket,
did you ever finish your helmet or are you still looking for parts?
I've been too busy lately to actively look for some of this stuff. Just wondering if you've made any new discoveries or progress with your helmet.

well I just cut the trac ball to fit the eye. But probably wont glue everything on until I at least have the ducks. So that everything is centered correctly. I was gonna buy some wire looms, but wasn't sure what size to get. Other then that, I still need the mystery Indian and the two dinosaurs.

I skimmed through the thread so please excuse me if this has already been said.

The pig looks like one of "the Three Little Bops" from the Friz Freleng cartoon.

FRIZ%2BFRELENG%2BTHREE%2BLITTLE%2BBOPS.jpg

I was looking at that Kermit photo and noticed some words on the area where pee wee is standing...

attachment.php

I blew it up and stretched it to remove the perspective...

attachment.php

I think its a welcome mat!

Any clue where that photo was scanned from? Looks like it was from a magazine or book with the crease going down the center.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back