Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Hey, that's Hollywood for ya, especially in the '80's, and the movie didn't have a big budget, they used what ever they had, that, or it was some sort of special effect, because that bike also has a big hole drilled in the front of the console.

I dont think that wire is supporting the skirt guard. Firstly, there would be no reason to run it up into the tank just to support the skirts, and secondly there is no tension on it.

You're right Rudd, it does come out of the tank, and goes in the big hole in the console, but it doesn't go nowhere, I forgot I took pics of it, we'll have to wait and see if Droidboy has any background info. on it,
091.JPG 137.JPG 093.JPG 145.JPG

Actually that bike was the water bike so I'm guessing the wire was for that. There are two very distinct nozzles for the whole oil slick scene. One was the close up we all see where the oil comes out of it, and the other was a wider shot which shot water out of it to make it look like oil was coming out of it from a distance. This was the bike used for the water scene. We know this because of holes that were cut on the bottom of the bags. Those holes aren't present on the oil bike.

I also know that the upper console was originally designed for the tack bike, but since that scene was never filmed, I'm not sure how far along the sfx pipeline that all got.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh....and the wire didn't have anything to do with mounting. The skirts were mounted the same way as the other bikes with some screws and wires pulling it to the frame. That wire was for sfx and it ran into the tank.

Yeah, I'm sure just about everybody on this thread did, he found the lost treasure trove of tiger sirens!, that has to be the second greatest Pee wee score of the century, other than the the real screen used bike that sold for $1200.00 buy it now on Ebay a while ago.

Last edited:
Hey all! Couple quick question. What is the color used on the bike? Also where can I find the switch box(red, green)? What model is the compass? I touched base with Droidboy and Ryan who have been a great help. Thanks

Hi Hodog, the movie bikes were rattle can spray bombed paint jobs, there are different colors depending on the brand, such as banner red, and sunset red, etc., I have no idea what the actual color was, some guys are powdercoating their bikes, I'm going to use automotive base coat/clear coat paint with the brightest red I can find and a white base coat to make it really pop!

the red and green switch box on the handle bars is a metal, interlocking chassis box, (project box), I got mine from LMB HEEGER INC., I went with a black #103 box, it is 2 3/4"x2 1/8"x 2 1/8"

the compass is a vintage dashboard Airguide compass from the 1970's they are on Ebay all the time.

Last edited:
Your right! Those guys hunted all the stuff down! Making it a lot easier. I am very grateful for this VERY informative thread. Hopefully I could add to this along the way

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back