Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

looks like a good start with a lot of right parts, a tank, chain guard, saddlebags, console, tiger siren and a frame gusset and it would be golden , of course that's all the big ticket items, wonder why they threw in the towel?,

btw, welcome back Josh, have you made any progress on your bike?

Thanks. Been chugging away, but I got sidetracked for the last month or so working on another bike build. I'm about 99% done with it now (just waiting on my saddlebags to arrive from Pakistan & need to pin stripe). Now that I'm pretty much finished with that build, it's back into X1 mode again. I'll post new pics this weekend.

Droidboy, your tiger siren casts look great. I'm glad someone else is making them now. My molds are shot and there's still a demand. I still get a couple requests every month. If you're interested in making a few bucks, I can direct any future customers to you. Also, Abe had a good point about casting the housing in black resin.

"Sad to see anyone bailing on their project. If you made it that far, why abandon it?"

Yeah, it's a bummer to see that. It may have been a situation where a loss of job or a medical expense came up. In times like that, toys are the first to go.

Oh my gods, this humidity can bite me. I put the rest of the red on my saddlebag and the paint crazed. Sanded it all off and painted it again. And again. And again. Argh.

I hate when that happens, it's like you're unraveling a big cable knit sweater that someone keeps knitting, and knitting, and knitting, and knitting, and knitting, aaand knitting!

I did a second run of the badges with a different resin. They definitely look like brushed aluminum so that makes me happy. Still not as chrome colored as I would like, but it's a really nice look.

The top ones were done with a black resin and the bottom with an amber colored resin. The top ones are more pewter colored with the bottom ones like a true aluminum.

If nothing else I'm ecstatic to have them 100% correct in size and shape to the BMA bike.

. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407279594.020954.jpg

Haha, thanks Billy, that made me feel better. :)
I'm glad I could cheer you up Ruddigger, I know how frustrating it can be making this stuff and sometimes it doesn't come out as good as you want it to the first time, or the second, or third, but they say practice makes perfect.

Nice job on the cold casting droidboy, they look good, I done mine the hard way, I cut them out of 3/16" aluminum plate, sawed the grooves with a hack saw and then sanded them and polished the hell out of them on the buffing wheel, then I molded them to my tank and chrome painted the edges for an even match, mine are also traced from the BMA bicycle, and I drilled and countersunk them to utilize the tank screw, just like the museum bike.144.JPGtank badges 001.JPGtank badges 002.JPG

Does anyone know where I can get a cheap reproduction or original tank? I looked at bicyclebones and all he had was a 20" reproduction.

I don't know where you were looking, but I just checked Ebay and bicyclebones has three seperate 26" tanks listed right now for $135 shipped.

Last edited:
Nice badges Billy. I had to make multiple sets anyhow so I just went ahead and made molds to do them out of resin, otherwise I might have gone your route.

Billy.....I just realized that your picture of the bike was taken after I restored it for the museum. Nice. I need to get over there and visit the old girl again.

Hey Droidboy, yes, I threw that pic in for comparison, I'm in Indiana, so I made the pilgrimage to see the the BMA bike, because I'll probably never make it to California, so I went and documented the Ohio bike for myself, to see it in person and see how it was put together, and being able to get the information without guessing and looking at screen caps was well worth the price of admission, Becky and everyone who work there was great, they let me do whatever I wanted except take it out for a spin, I'm glad you were able to make it "whole" again and restore some of it's former glory, so everyone can enjoy it for what it is really suppose to be, instead of just a beat up old prop with half the parts missing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back